Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna