Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'