Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere