Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers