Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head