Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick