Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards