Ryan Seacrest Signs $60 Million Deal With Clear Channel
"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is expanding his media empire. He's signed a deal to develop TV content, a record label and concert series with a U.S. media conglomerate.
The radio host-turned-TV personality has expanded his contract with Clear Channel Communications by three years, adding to his growing list of ventures. As part of the multi-media deal, the star will continue to host the daily radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and host the American Top 40 chart countdown, as well as serve as a spokesman and advocate for the firm.
Financial details have not been disclosed, but the New York Times reports the deal is worth a staggering $60 million. Confirming the news, Seacrest, 35, says, "Clear Channel's programming is only beginning to scratch the surface of what we can achieve together to connect with audiences and create innovative and compelling opportunities for listeners and advertisers." He vowed to help bring "the untapped potential of radio to life across a range of delivery platforms".
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record