David Cassidy Pleads Not Guilty in DUI Case
Former teen idol David Cassidy has pleaded not guilty to a DUI charge stemming from his arrest in Florida earlier this month. The former Partridge Family star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes swerving erratically and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer allegedly failed two roadside sobriety tests, but a representative for the star subsequently denied Cassidy was drunk behind the wheel. The star's lawyers appeared in a Florida court on Tuesday, November 30 morning to enter a not guilty plea on his behalf. The plea was submitted in writing and Cassidy was not in attendance, according to TMZ.com.
Cassidy faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted on the driving under the influence charge. He is due back in court in January.
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board