David Cassidy Pleads Not Guilty in DUI Case
Former teen idol David Cassidy has pleaded not guilty to a DUI charge stemming from his arrest in Florida earlier this month. The former Partridge Family star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes swerving erratically and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer allegedly failed two roadside sobriety tests, but a representative for the star subsequently denied Cassidy was drunk behind the wheel. The star's lawyers appeared in a Florida court on Tuesday, November 30 morning to enter a not guilty plea on his behalf. The plea was submitted in writing and Cassidy was not in attendance, according to TMZ.com.
Cassidy faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted on the driving under the influence charge. He is due back in court in January.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie