David Cassidy Pleads Not Guilty in DUI Case
Former teen idol David Cassidy has pleaded not guilty to a DUI charge stemming from his arrest in Florida earlier this month. The former Partridge Family star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes swerving erratically and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer allegedly failed two roadside sobriety tests, but a representative for the star subsequently denied Cassidy was drunk behind the wheel. The star's lawyers appeared in a Florida court on Tuesday, November 30 morning to enter a not guilty plea on his behalf. The plea was submitted in writing and Cassidy was not in attendance, according to TMZ.com.
Cassidy faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted on the driving under the influence charge. He is due back in court in January.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media