David Cassidy Pleads Not Guilty in DUI Case
Former teen idol David Cassidy has pleaded not guilty to a DUI charge stemming from his arrest in Florida earlier this month. The former Partridge Family star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes swerving erratically and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer allegedly failed two roadside sobriety tests, but a representative for the star subsequently denied Cassidy was drunk behind the wheel. The star's lawyers appeared in a Florida court on Tuesday, November 30 morning to enter a not guilty plea on his behalf. The plea was submitted in writing and Cassidy was not in attendance, according to TMZ.com.
Cassidy faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted on the driving under the influence charge. He is due back in court in January.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media