David Cassidy Pleads Not Guilty in DUI Case
Former teen idol David Cassidy has pleaded not guilty to a DUI charge stemming from his arrest in Florida earlier this month. The former Partridge Family star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes swerving erratically and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer allegedly failed two roadside sobriety tests, but a representative for the star subsequently denied Cassidy was drunk behind the wheel. The star's lawyers appeared in a Florida court on Tuesday, November 30 morning to enter a not guilty plea on his behalf. The plea was submitted in writing and Cassidy was not in attendance, according to TMZ.com.
Cassidy faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted on the driving under the influence charge. He is due back in court in January.
More David Cassidy News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered