Piers Morgan Investing on a London Pub
Piers Morgan has become the proud owner of a pub near his home in London. The British journalist-turned-TV star, who takes over Larry King's U.S. chat show in January, has invested in the Hansom Cab, a drinking establishment close to the house he owns in upmarket Kensington.
Morgan's brother Rupert, who previously worked at Guy Ritchie's London pub The Punch Bowl, will manage the venture, and the "America's Got Talent" star hopes the Hansom will soon rival the movie director's star-studded venue.
He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Rupert is going to be general manager. He used to run Guy Ritchie's pub, The Punch Bowl, but we decided we'd get our own place and give Ritchie a damn good run for his money. We're going to have a lot of fun."
And Morgan reveals he has always longed to own a pub, because bar management runs in his family. He adds, "Pubs play a big role in my family. My parents used to run one in East Sussex called the Griffin Inn... So it was a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna