Piers Morgan Investing on a London Pub
Piers Morgan has become the proud owner of a pub near his home in London. The British journalist-turned-TV star, who takes over Larry King's U.S. chat show in January, has invested in the Hansom Cab, a drinking establishment close to the house he owns in upmarket Kensington.
Morgan's brother Rupert, who previously worked at Guy Ritchie's London pub The Punch Bowl, will manage the venture, and the "America's Got Talent" star hopes the Hansom will soon rival the movie director's star-studded venue.
He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Rupert is going to be general manager. He used to run Guy Ritchie's pub, The Punch Bowl, but we decided we'd get our own place and give Ritchie a damn good run for his money. We're going to have a lot of fun."
And Morgan reveals he has always longed to own a pub, because bar management runs in his family. He adds, "Pubs play a big role in my family. My parents used to run one in East Sussex called the Griffin Inn... So it was a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
More Piers Morgan News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri