Piers Morgan Investing on a London Pub
Piers Morgan has become the proud owner of a pub near his home in London. The British journalist-turned-TV star, who takes over Larry King's U.S. chat show in January, has invested in the Hansom Cab, a drinking establishment close to the house he owns in upmarket Kensington.
Morgan's brother Rupert, who previously worked at Guy Ritchie's London pub The Punch Bowl, will manage the venture, and the "America's Got Talent" star hopes the Hansom will soon rival the movie director's star-studded venue.
He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Rupert is going to be general manager. He used to run Guy Ritchie's pub, The Punch Bowl, but we decided we'd get our own place and give Ritchie a damn good run for his money. We're going to have a lot of fun."
And Morgan reveals he has always longed to own a pub, because bar management runs in his family. He adds, "Pubs play a big role in my family. My parents used to run one in East Sussex called the Griffin Inn... So it was a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic