Dominic Monaghan Shatters Astronaut Buzz Aldrin's Speed Record
"Lord of the Rings" star Dominic Monaghan has shot to top of the leader board on American motor show "Top Gear" after racing round a track faster than astronaut Buzz Aldrin. The producers of the U.S. spin-off of the hit British show invited the actor to test his driving skills on the program even though he famously knows nothing about cars.
But Monaghan was more than pleasantly surprised when he found himself shattering Aldrin's track time. He says, "I'm not a big car fan at all... It's my least favorite form of transport. My agent said, 'Go on, have some fun'. We had a really great time."
"They do this thing called A Star in A Modest Car, so you drive a really rubbish car around a racetrack and I broke the record. I obliterated the record. I smashed it by about 20 seconds; it takes about a minute 40 to go around the track."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?