Dominic Monaghan Shatters Astronaut Buzz Aldrin's Speed Record
"Lord of the Rings" star Dominic Monaghan has shot to top of the leader board on American motor show "Top Gear" after racing round a track faster than astronaut Buzz Aldrin. The producers of the U.S. spin-off of the hit British show invited the actor to test his driving skills on the program even though he famously knows nothing about cars.
But Monaghan was more than pleasantly surprised when he found himself shattering Aldrin's track time. He says, "I'm not a big car fan at all... It's my least favorite form of transport. My agent said, 'Go on, have some fun'. We had a really great time."
"They do this thing called A Star in A Modest Car, so you drive a really rubbish car around a racetrack and I broke the record. I obliterated the record. I smashed it by about 20 seconds; it takes about a minute 40 to go around the track."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked