Dominic Monaghan Shatters Astronaut Buzz Aldrin's Speed Record
"Lord of the Rings" star Dominic Monaghan has shot to top of the leader board on American motor show "Top Gear" after racing round a track faster than astronaut Buzz Aldrin. The producers of the U.S. spin-off of the hit British show invited the actor to test his driving skills on the program even though he famously knows nothing about cars.
But Monaghan was more than pleasantly surprised when he found himself shattering Aldrin's track time. He says, "I'm not a big car fan at all... It's my least favorite form of transport. My agent said, 'Go on, have some fun'. We had a really great time."
"They do this thing called A Star in A Modest Car, so you drive a really rubbish car around a racetrack and I broke the record. I obliterated the record. I smashed it by about 20 seconds; it takes about a minute 40 to go around the track."
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery