Dominic Monaghan Shatters Astronaut Buzz Aldrin's Speed Record
"Lord of the Rings" star Dominic Monaghan has shot to top of the leader board on American motor show "Top Gear" after racing round a track faster than astronaut Buzz Aldrin. The producers of the U.S. spin-off of the hit British show invited the actor to test his driving skills on the program even though he famously knows nothing about cars.
But Monaghan was more than pleasantly surprised when he found himself shattering Aldrin's track time. He says, "I'm not a big car fan at all... It's my least favorite form of transport. My agent said, 'Go on, have some fun'. We had a really great time."
"They do this thing called A Star in A Modest Car, so you drive a really rubbish car around a racetrack and I broke the record. I obliterated the record. I smashed it by about 20 seconds; it takes about a minute 40 to go around the track."
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl