Kristy Swanson Wants to Play in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Reboot
Original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Kristy Swanson wants a bite of the franchise's next revamp - despite creator Joss Whedon publicly denouncing the project as "a sad, sad reflection on our times". The actress is best known for playing Buffy Summers in Whedon's 1992 film which spawned the hit TV franchise, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role.
Whedon has blasted plans for a new big screen installment, criticizing studio bosses for failing to come up with fresh ideas. But Swanson insists she would love to appear in the reboot, which she believes can survive without Whedon.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Let Buffy live; why not? If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast. There are die-hard Joss Whedon fans who absolutely love him to death, and rightly so. He's a brilliant man, no doubt. I love everything Buffy. I don't care who's doing it."
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child