Kristy Swanson Wants to Play in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Reboot
Original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Kristy Swanson wants a bite of the franchise's next revamp - despite creator Joss Whedon publicly denouncing the project as "a sad, sad reflection on our times". The actress is best known for playing Buffy Summers in Whedon's 1992 film which spawned the hit TV franchise, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role.
Whedon has blasted plans for a new big screen installment, criticizing studio bosses for failing to come up with fresh ideas. But Swanson insists she would love to appear in the reboot, which she believes can survive without Whedon.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Let Buffy live; why not? If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast. There are die-hard Joss Whedon fans who absolutely love him to death, and rightly so. He's a brilliant man, no doubt. I love everything Buffy. I don't care who's doing it."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'