Kristy Swanson Wants to Play in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Reboot
Original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Kristy Swanson wants a bite of the franchise's next revamp - despite creator Joss Whedon publicly denouncing the project as "a sad, sad reflection on our times". The actress is best known for playing Buffy Summers in Whedon's 1992 film which spawned the hit TV franchise, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role.
Whedon has blasted plans for a new big screen installment, criticizing studio bosses for failing to come up with fresh ideas. But Swanson insists she would love to appear in the reboot, which she believes can survive without Whedon.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Let Buffy live; why not? If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast. There are die-hard Joss Whedon fans who absolutely love him to death, and rightly so. He's a brilliant man, no doubt. I love everything Buffy. I don't care who's doing it."
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer