Kristy Swanson Wants to Play in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Reboot
Original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Kristy Swanson wants a bite of the franchise's next revamp - despite creator Joss Whedon publicly denouncing the project as "a sad, sad reflection on our times". The actress is best known for playing Buffy Summers in Whedon's 1992 film which spawned the hit TV franchise, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role.
Whedon has blasted plans for a new big screen installment, criticizing studio bosses for failing to come up with fresh ideas. But Swanson insists she would love to appear in the reboot, which she believes can survive without Whedon.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Let Buffy live; why not? If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast. There are die-hard Joss Whedon fans who absolutely love him to death, and rightly so. He's a brilliant man, no doubt. I love everything Buffy. I don't care who's doing it."
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'