Kristy Swanson Wants to Play in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Reboot
Original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Kristy Swanson wants a bite of the franchise's next revamp - despite creator Joss Whedon publicly denouncing the project as "a sad, sad reflection on our times". The actress is best known for playing Buffy Summers in Whedon's 1992 film which spawned the hit TV franchise, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role.
Whedon has blasted plans for a new big screen installment, criticizing studio bosses for failing to come up with fresh ideas. But Swanson insists she would love to appear in the reboot, which she believes can survive without Whedon.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Let Buffy live; why not? If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast. There are die-hard Joss Whedon fans who absolutely love him to death, and rightly so. He's a brilliant man, no doubt. I love everything Buffy. I don't care who's doing it."
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum