Kristy Swanson Wants to Play in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Reboot
Original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Kristy Swanson wants a bite of the franchise's next revamp - despite creator Joss Whedon publicly denouncing the project as "a sad, sad reflection on our times". The actress is best known for playing Buffy Summers in Whedon's 1992 film which spawned the hit TV franchise, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role.
Whedon has blasted plans for a new big screen installment, criticizing studio bosses for failing to come up with fresh ideas. But Swanson insists she would love to appear in the reboot, which she believes can survive without Whedon.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Let Buffy live; why not? If they wanted me to be a part of it, I think that would be fantastic and that it would be a blast. There are die-hard Joss Whedon fans who absolutely love him to death, and rightly so. He's a brilliant man, no doubt. I love everything Buffy. I don't care who's doing it."
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music