Gene Simmons: I Am 'More Qualified Than Anybody' to Be 'X Factor' Judge
Gene Simmons wants Simon Cowell's job - he's convinced he would make a better judge on the TV mogul's reality singing contests because he has real experience in the music industry. The KISS rocker has joined a string of stars, including Sir Elton John and The Who's Roger Daltrey, who have taken aim at Cowell and his hit TV competitions.
Simmons insists he is "more qualified than anybody" to dole out advice on the program, which he claims will never discover any new music legends like Jimi Hendrix or Robert Plant. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "I think I could be the sole judge on The X Factor, I'm more qualified than anybody on the show. Nobody on the show has written songs, then been on stage, or had record companies and managed Liza Minnelli. Nobody can shine my shoes."
"Maybe Simon should talk to me, although he is the only one on television that tells the truth. Everybody is nice, but that's not how life is. Life is: 'You suck, get off the stage.' Realistic is good. Part of the reason we like watching these shows is because there are people up there and you're like, 'Are you on crack? Do you actually believe that you belong on stage?' The biggest superstars of all time would have never made it on The X Factor."
"Imagine if Jimi Hendrix or Mick Jagger or Robert Plant came out. I wouldn't make it, and neither would they. We're peculiar and that's what makes stars interesting, not the fact that you can sing well. Broadway and pop is the place where people really sing correctly."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'