Tiger Woods Blames Golf for His Scandal
Tiger Woods blames golf for his marriage woes, insisting the game made him so "self-centred" he thought he could "tackle the world". The sports ace split from his wife Elin Nordegren last year after his numerous affairs became public, and their divorce was finalized in August.
Woods' infidelities were exposed after he crashed his car into a tree as he fled his home in Florida following a confrontation with Nordegren. Now the golf star has penned an article about his public downfall for U.S. magazine Newsweek, in which he describes the emotional "pain" he's still suffering as a result of his cheating.
But he is adamant many of the women who have since claimed to have slept with him are liars who are trying to "cash in" on the scandal. Woods writes, "Golf is a self-centred game. That self reliance made me think I could tackle the world by myself... The physical pain from that car accident has long healed. But the pain in my soul is more complex and unsettling..."
"Opportunists are trying still to cash in on my troubles, no matter how irresponsible or ridiculous their claims may be. In many cases, I've never even met these people."
- Skrillex Could Prove How He Created Justin Bieber's 'Sorry' Amid Lawsuit
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!