Tiger Woods Blames Golf for His Scandal
Tiger Woods blames golf for his marriage woes, insisting the game made him so "self-centred" he thought he could "tackle the world". The sports ace split from his wife Elin Nordegren last year after his numerous affairs became public, and their divorce was finalized in August.
Woods' infidelities were exposed after he crashed his car into a tree as he fled his home in Florida following a confrontation with Nordegren. Now the golf star has penned an article about his public downfall for U.S. magazine Newsweek, in which he describes the emotional "pain" he's still suffering as a result of his cheating.
But he is adamant many of the women who have since claimed to have slept with him are liars who are trying to "cash in" on the scandal. Woods writes, "Golf is a self-centred game. That self reliance made me think I could tackle the world by myself... The physical pain from that car accident has long healed. But the pain in my soul is more complex and unsettling..."
"Opportunists are trying still to cash in on my troubles, no matter how irresponsible or ridiculous their claims may be. In many cases, I've never even met these people."
More Tiger Woods News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie