Helena Bonham Carter to Receive Richard Harris Award at BIFAs
Helena Bonham Carter will be honored with the top prize at the 13th annual British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs) next month, December to mark her contribution to the movie industry. The "Alice in Wonderland" star will receive the prestigious Richard Harris Award at the annual ceremony on December 5.
Previous recipients of the honor, which was set up in memory of late actor Richard Harris, include David Thewlis and Jim Broadbent. Bonham Carter's upcoming film "The King's Speech" has already received eight nominations at the BIFAs and the star has also garnered a nod in the Best Supporting Actress category.
The movie follows Colin Firth's George VI, known as Bertie, the father of the current Queen Elizabeth II, who assumed the throne when his brother Edward VIII abdicated in 1936 to marry Wallis Simpson. It will focus on his efforts to overcome a nervous stammer with the help of speech therapist Lionel Logue (Geoffrey Rush).
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?