Randy Quaid Blames Confiscated Passport for Skipping Another Hearing
Embattled actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have missed yet another hearing in California after failing to show up at Santa Barbara Superior Court to face vandalism charges. The couple was due to appear before Judge Donna Geck on Tuesday, November 16 for an arraignment on felony counts stemming from an arrest in September, when they were accused of illegally squatting in a California home they once owned.
The Quaids have skipped their last three court hearings relating to the charges and are seeking asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. An arrest warrant was issued for Evi Quaid earlier this month, and now Judge Geck has activated a bench warrant for "Brokeback Mountain" star Randy too.
Randy Quaid's attorney, Robert Sanger, claimed his client was unable to attend the hearing because Canadian officials had confiscated his passport. But the judge refused to set a new court date in the case, telling Sanger, "Mr. Quaid has had multiple occasions to appear on this matter prior to his passport being taken."
The actor is waiting to hear whether his bid for refugee status in Canada has been accepted and is due to attend an immigration hearing on November 23. Evi Quaid can remain in Canada indefinitely because her father is a Canadian citizen.
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money