Nelly Furtado Praises Lady GaGa for Changing Pop
Nelly Furtado has heaped praise on her pop peer Lady GaGa - she's convinced the "Poker Face" hitmaker has revolutionized the music industry. The "Maneater" singer is pleased so many female stars, such as Rihanna and Katy Perry, are dominating the charts, branding them "good role models" for kids - but she's reserved special mention for GaGa.
Furtado tells Stylist magazine, "There are a lot of good women out there doing their best and working really hard. Rihanna, Katy Perry. And I think Lady GaGa's changed the business - she's amazing. She's reminded people that performance can be so much more, so many different levels. She's a true art lover."
"For sure I think women are having this renaissance. We're taking over again, like hundreds of years ago before the witch-hunts! I think it's all about role models - if you have good role models you're fine and in my house my mother made the decisions."
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24