Nelly Furtado Praises Lady GaGa for Changing Pop
Nelly Furtado has heaped praise on her pop peer Lady GaGa - she's convinced the "Poker Face" hitmaker has revolutionized the music industry. The "Maneater" singer is pleased so many female stars, such as Rihanna and Katy Perry, are dominating the charts, branding them "good role models" for kids - but she's reserved special mention for GaGa.
Furtado tells Stylist magazine, "There are a lot of good women out there doing their best and working really hard. Rihanna, Katy Perry. And I think Lady GaGa's changed the business - she's amazing. She's reminded people that performance can be so much more, so many different levels. She's a true art lover."
"For sure I think women are having this renaissance. We're taking over again, like hundreds of years ago before the witch-hunts! I think it's all about role models - if you have good role models you're fine and in my house my mother made the decisions."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly