Nelly Furtado Praises Lady GaGa for Changing Pop
Nelly Furtado has heaped praise on her pop peer Lady GaGa - she's convinced the "Poker Face" hitmaker has revolutionized the music industry. The "Maneater" singer is pleased so many female stars, such as Rihanna and Katy Perry, are dominating the charts, branding them "good role models" for kids - but she's reserved special mention for GaGa.
Furtado tells Stylist magazine, "There are a lot of good women out there doing their best and working really hard. Rihanna, Katy Perry. And I think Lady GaGa's changed the business - she's amazing. She's reminded people that performance can be so much more, so many different levels. She's a true art lover."
"For sure I think women are having this renaissance. We're taking over again, like hundreds of years ago before the witch-hunts! I think it's all about role models - if you have good role models you're fine and in my house my mother made the decisions."
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off