Nelly Furtado Praises Lady GaGa for Changing Pop
Nelly Furtado has heaped praise on her pop peer Lady GaGa - she's convinced the "Poker Face" hitmaker has revolutionized the music industry. The "Maneater" singer is pleased so many female stars, such as Rihanna and Katy Perry, are dominating the charts, branding them "good role models" for kids - but she's reserved special mention for GaGa.
Furtado tells Stylist magazine, "There are a lot of good women out there doing their best and working really hard. Rihanna, Katy Perry. And I think Lady GaGa's changed the business - she's amazing. She's reminded people that performance can be so much more, so many different levels. She's a true art lover."
"For sure I think women are having this renaissance. We're taking over again, like hundreds of years ago before the witch-hunts! I think it's all about role models - if you have good role models you're fine and in my house my mother made the decisions."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri