Nelly Furtado Praises Lady GaGa for Changing Pop
Nelly Furtado has heaped praise on her pop peer Lady GaGa - she's convinced the "Poker Face" hitmaker has revolutionized the music industry. The "Maneater" singer is pleased so many female stars, such as Rihanna and Katy Perry, are dominating the charts, branding them "good role models" for kids - but she's reserved special mention for GaGa.
Furtado tells Stylist magazine, "There are a lot of good women out there doing their best and working really hard. Rihanna, Katy Perry. And I think Lady GaGa's changed the business - she's amazing. She's reminded people that performance can be so much more, so many different levels. She's a true art lover."
"For sure I think women are having this renaissance. We're taking over again, like hundreds of years ago before the witch-hunts! I think it's all about role models - if you have good role models you're fine and in my house my mother made the decisions."
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles