Former High School Names Art Center in Sally Field's Honor
Sally Field has been celebrated by officials at her former high school - they have named the facility's newly-restored performing arts center in her honor. The "Mrs. Doubtfire" star returned to the Birmingham Community Charter High School in California's San Fernando Valley on Friday, November 12 to meet pupils and teachers and unveil the auditorium's new plaque.
Field, who graduated from the school in 1964, made a speech during the unveiling ceremony and urged the youngsters to embrace the arts. She said, "I want to say how lucky you are that this beautiful theater exists for you. Use it. Explore not only the world of language, the spoken word and that of storytelling - because that's what we do up here on this stage, we tell stories - but use it to explore you."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer