Former High School Names Art Center in Sally Field's Honor
Sally Field has been celebrated by officials at her former high school - they have named the facility's newly-restored performing arts center in her honor. The "Mrs. Doubtfire" star returned to the Birmingham Community Charter High School in California's San Fernando Valley on Friday, November 12 to meet pupils and teachers and unveil the auditorium's new plaque.
Field, who graduated from the school in 1964, made a speech during the unveiling ceremony and urged the youngsters to embrace the arts. She said, "I want to say how lucky you are that this beautiful theater exists for you. Use it. Explore not only the world of language, the spoken word and that of storytelling - because that's what we do up here on this stage, we tell stories - but use it to explore you."
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC