Former High School Names Art Center in Sally Field's Honor
Sally Field has been celebrated by officials at her former high school - they have named the facility's newly-restored performing arts center in her honor. The "Mrs. Doubtfire" star returned to the Birmingham Community Charter High School in California's San Fernando Valley on Friday, November 12 to meet pupils and teachers and unveil the auditorium's new plaque.
Field, who graduated from the school in 1964, made a speech during the unveiling ceremony and urged the youngsters to embrace the arts. She said, "I want to say how lucky you are that this beautiful theater exists for you. Use it. Explore not only the world of language, the spoken word and that of storytelling - because that's what we do up here on this stage, we tell stories - but use it to explore you."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival