Former High School Names Art Center in Sally Field's Honor
Sally Field has been celebrated by officials at her former high school - they have named the facility's newly-restored performing arts center in her honor. The "Mrs. Doubtfire" star returned to the Birmingham Community Charter High School in California's San Fernando Valley on Friday, November 12 to meet pupils and teachers and unveil the auditorium's new plaque.
Field, who graduated from the school in 1964, made a speech during the unveiling ceremony and urged the youngsters to embrace the arts. She said, "I want to say how lucky you are that this beautiful theater exists for you. Use it. Explore not only the world of language, the spoken word and that of storytelling - because that's what we do up here on this stage, we tell stories - but use it to explore you."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen