Former High School Names Art Center in Sally Field's Honor
Sally Field has been celebrated by officials at her former high school - they have named the facility's newly-restored performing arts center in her honor. The "Mrs. Doubtfire" star returned to the Birmingham Community Charter High School in California's San Fernando Valley on Friday, November 12 to meet pupils and teachers and unveil the auditorium's new plaque.
Field, who graduated from the school in 1964, made a speech during the unveiling ceremony and urged the youngsters to embrace the arts. She said, "I want to say how lucky you are that this beautiful theater exists for you. Use it. Explore not only the world of language, the spoken word and that of storytelling - because that's what we do up here on this stage, we tell stories - but use it to explore you."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle