LeAnn Rimes Calls Persistent Engagement Rumors 'Insanity'
Country singer LeAnn Rimes has called on celebrity gossips to put a stop to rumors she is engaged to wed actor Eddie Cibrian, because what began as a light-hearted joke has turned into "insanity". The couple sparked the reports last month after posting a joke proposal picture, taken at a Halloween party, on its Twitter.com accounts.
Rimes laughed off the wedding rumors and insisted she had no current plans to walk down the aisle, but her denials have done little to silence the claims. The singer took to her Twitter blog again last week on November 5 to express her annoyance at the persistent reports, writing, "I've about had it. Even though this is positive 'news' it's not true."
And Rimes is angry the fake news is still taken by some tabloids to be true - because even her own mother has been duped by the latest headlines. She says, "It's insanity! I don't know how many times I have to say it. I say 'no' and people think we are and I'm just not admitting it. (My mum called) thinking we were engaged and I didn't tell her. It was like, 'I've had it'."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child