LeAnn Rimes Calls Persistent Engagement Rumors 'Insanity'
Country singer LeAnn Rimes has called on celebrity gossips to put a stop to rumors she is engaged to wed actor Eddie Cibrian, because what began as a light-hearted joke has turned into "insanity". The couple sparked the reports last month after posting a joke proposal picture, taken at a Halloween party, on its Twitter.com accounts.
Rimes laughed off the wedding rumors and insisted she had no current plans to walk down the aisle, but her denials have done little to silence the claims. The singer took to her Twitter blog again last week on November 5 to express her annoyance at the persistent reports, writing, "I've about had it. Even though this is positive 'news' it's not true."
And Rimes is angry the fake news is still taken by some tabloids to be true - because even her own mother has been duped by the latest headlines. She says, "It's insanity! I don't know how many times I have to say it. I say 'no' and people think we are and I'm just not admitting it. (My mum called) thinking we were engaged and I didn't tell her. It was like, 'I've had it'."
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money