LeAnn Rimes Calls Persistent Engagement Rumors 'Insanity'
Country singer LeAnn Rimes has called on celebrity gossips to put a stop to rumors she is engaged to wed actor Eddie Cibrian, because what began as a light-hearted joke has turned into "insanity". The couple sparked the reports last month after posting a joke proposal picture, taken at a Halloween party, on its Twitter.com accounts.
Rimes laughed off the wedding rumors and insisted she had no current plans to walk down the aisle, but her denials have done little to silence the claims. The singer took to her Twitter blog again last week on November 5 to express her annoyance at the persistent reports, writing, "I've about had it. Even though this is positive 'news' it's not true."
And Rimes is angry the fake news is still taken by some tabloids to be true - because even her own mother has been duped by the latest headlines. She says, "It's insanity! I don't know how many times I have to say it. I say 'no' and people think we are and I'm just not admitting it. (My mum called) thinking we were engaged and I didn't tell her. It was like, 'I've had it'."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie