LeAnn Rimes Calls Persistent Engagement Rumors 'Insanity'
Country singer LeAnn Rimes has called on celebrity gossips to put a stop to rumors she is engaged to wed actor Eddie Cibrian, because what began as a light-hearted joke has turned into "insanity". The couple sparked the reports last month after posting a joke proposal picture, taken at a Halloween party, on its Twitter.com accounts.
Rimes laughed off the wedding rumors and insisted she had no current plans to walk down the aisle, but her denials have done little to silence the claims. The singer took to her Twitter blog again last week on November 5 to express her annoyance at the persistent reports, writing, "I've about had it. Even though this is positive 'news' it's not true."
And Rimes is angry the fake news is still taken by some tabloids to be true - because even her own mother has been duped by the latest headlines. She says, "It's insanity! I don't know how many times I have to say it. I say 'no' and people think we are and I'm just not admitting it. (My mum called) thinking we were engaged and I didn't tell her. It was like, 'I've had it'."
More LeAnn Rimes News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test