LeAnn Rimes Calls Persistent Engagement Rumors 'Insanity'
Country singer LeAnn Rimes has called on celebrity gossips to put a stop to rumors she is engaged to wed actor Eddie Cibrian, because what began as a light-hearted joke has turned into "insanity". The couple sparked the reports last month after posting a joke proposal picture, taken at a Halloween party, on its Twitter.com accounts.
Rimes laughed off the wedding rumors and insisted she had no current plans to walk down the aisle, but her denials have done little to silence the claims. The singer took to her Twitter blog again last week on November 5 to express her annoyance at the persistent reports, writing, "I've about had it. Even though this is positive 'news' it's not true."
And Rimes is angry the fake news is still taken by some tabloids to be true - because even her own mother has been duped by the latest headlines. She says, "It's insanity! I don't know how many times I have to say it. I say 'no' and people think we are and I'm just not admitting it. (My mum called) thinking we were engaged and I didn't tell her. It was like, 'I've had it'."
More LeAnn Rimes News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media