Eminem Couldn't Write Great Rhymes When Using Drugs
Eminem fears he'll lose his hitmaking touch forever if writer's block seizes him again. The "Lose Yourself" rapper admits he had a four-year stretch at the height of his drug-using days when he couldn't create great rhymes - and it drove him crazy.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I try to stay recording, because if I don't, I get rusty. I'm very paranoid about writer's block - I had it for four years. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't think of s**t. The pills had a lot to do with it. Just wiping out brain cells. I don't know if it sounds like I'm making excuses, but the absolute truth is a lot of my memory is gone."
His two latest studio album "Relapse" and "Recovery" were a hit. They ruled Billboard Hot 200.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018