Eminem Couldn't Write Great Rhymes When Using Drugs
Eminem fears he'll lose his hitmaking touch forever if writer's block seizes him again. The "Lose Yourself" rapper admits he had a four-year stretch at the height of his drug-using days when he couldn't create great rhymes - and it drove him crazy.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I try to stay recording, because if I don't, I get rusty. I'm very paranoid about writer's block - I had it for four years. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't think of s**t. The pills had a lot to do with it. Just wiping out brain cells. I don't know if it sounds like I'm making excuses, but the absolute truth is a lot of my memory is gone."
His two latest studio album "Relapse" and "Recovery" were a hit. They ruled Billboard Hot 200.
More Eminem News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media