Eminem Couldn't Write Great Rhymes When Using Drugs
Eminem fears he'll lose his hitmaking touch forever if writer's block seizes him again. The "Lose Yourself" rapper admits he had a four-year stretch at the height of his drug-using days when he couldn't create great rhymes - and it drove him crazy.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I try to stay recording, because if I don't, I get rusty. I'm very paranoid about writer's block - I had it for four years. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't think of s**t. The pills had a lot to do with it. Just wiping out brain cells. I don't know if it sounds like I'm making excuses, but the absolute truth is a lot of my memory is gone."
His two latest studio album "Relapse" and "Recovery" were a hit. They ruled Billboard Hot 200.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'