Eminem Couldn't Write Great Rhymes When Using Drugs
Eminem fears he'll lose his hitmaking touch forever if writer's block seizes him again. The "Lose Yourself" rapper admits he had a four-year stretch at the height of his drug-using days when he couldn't create great rhymes - and it drove him crazy.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I try to stay recording, because if I don't, I get rusty. I'm very paranoid about writer's block - I had it for four years. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't think of s**t. The pills had a lot to do with it. Just wiping out brain cells. I don't know if it sounds like I'm making excuses, but the absolute truth is a lot of my memory is gone."
His two latest studio album "Relapse" and "Recovery" were a hit. They ruled Billboard Hot 200.
More Eminem News
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free