Eminem Couldn't Write Great Rhymes When Using Drugs
Eminem fears he'll lose his hitmaking touch forever if writer's block seizes him again. The "Lose Yourself" rapper admits he had a four-year stretch at the height of his drug-using days when he couldn't create great rhymes - and it drove him crazy.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I try to stay recording, because if I don't, I get rusty. I'm very paranoid about writer's block - I had it for four years. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't think of s**t. The pills had a lot to do with it. Just wiping out brain cells. I don't know if it sounds like I'm making excuses, but the absolute truth is a lot of my memory is gone."
His two latest studio album "Relapse" and "Recovery" were a hit. They ruled Billboard Hot 200.
More Eminem News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie