First Transgender Man to Give Birth Considers to Become a Surrogate
Thomas Beatie, the world's first transgender man to give birth, is hoping to make history again - by becoming the world's first transgender surrogate. The 36 year old and his wife Nancy welcomed their third son in July and now Beatie has plans to get pregnant again to help couples who can't conceive.
He tells Life & Style magazine, "When I was first approached with the idea, I thought it was crazy. Then I thought about what it means and what having a family means to us. I thought, 'This is a huge deal and I'm capable of it, why not?' "
"If I can do this and help make another family fulfill their dream of having a child, then that's what I want to do." And if that plan doesn't work out, Beatie, who was a subject of an Oprah Winfrey TV expose, is hoping to have one more kid of his own, "If we don't find the right family for surrogacy, I think I have one more person inside of me."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!