First Images From Michael Jackson's Cirque du Soleil Tour Unveiled
Michael Jackson's estate has thrilled fans by unveiling the first images of acrobatic troupe Cirque du Soleil's highly-anticipated tour marking his music legacy. Jackson's estate executors signed a deal with Cirque producers to put on a stage spectacular featuring the "Thriller" hitmaker's songs, after his tragic death in June, 2009.
And on Wednesday, November 3, the new business partners unveiled the first images from the Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour, which is being billed as a combination of thrilling choreography and visual effects set to Jackson's music.
One set sketch features enlarged images of Jackson wearing his iconic Smooth Criminal white suit as acrobats and dancers explode from his body, mimicking his legendary moves. A new poster immortalises the star with the slogan 'The legend lives on'.
The tour, which has won Jackson's mother Katherine Jackson's personal approval, is set to kick off in Montreal, Canada in October 2011 and hit cities including New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Las Vegas - where it will reportedly be turned into a longterm residency featuring 3-D technology.
Jackson's estate and Cirque du Soleil producers will each own 50 per cent of the project and will equally share production costs. The estate will also receive royalties from the use of Jackson's music and other property.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala