First Images From Michael Jackson's Cirque du Soleil Tour Unveiled
Michael Jackson's estate has thrilled fans by unveiling the first images of acrobatic troupe Cirque du Soleil's highly-anticipated tour marking his music legacy. Jackson's estate executors signed a deal with Cirque producers to put on a stage spectacular featuring the "Thriller" hitmaker's songs, after his tragic death in June, 2009.
And on Wednesday, November 3, the new business partners unveiled the first images from the Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour, which is being billed as a combination of thrilling choreography and visual effects set to Jackson's music.
One set sketch features enlarged images of Jackson wearing his iconic Smooth Criminal white suit as acrobats and dancers explode from his body, mimicking his legendary moves. A new poster immortalises the star with the slogan 'The legend lives on'.
The tour, which has won Jackson's mother Katherine Jackson's personal approval, is set to kick off in Montreal, Canada in October 2011 and hit cities including New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Las Vegas - where it will reportedly be turned into a longterm residency featuring 3-D technology.
Jackson's estate and Cirque du Soleil producers will each own 50 per cent of the project and will equally share production costs. The estate will also receive royalties from the use of Jackson's music and other property.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights