Hilary Swank Thankful for Getting Fired From '90210'
Hilary Swank is glad she was fired from "Beverly Hills, 90210" - because she wouldn't have gone on to win an Oscar for "Boys Don't Cry" if she'd stayed on the show. The "Million Dollar Baby" actress was hired to play single mother Carly Reynolds in the U.S. programme and was told she would be signed up for at least two years.
But Swank was devastated when TV bosses wrote her character out after just 16 episodes in 1998. Now she's opened up about the experience, insisting she is "thankful" she was dropped from the series, because she went on to land a role in "Boys Don't Cry", which won her a Best Actress Academy Award and a Golden Globe.
She tells Total Film magazine, "It is weird. There's a lot of luck involved in a career, so I'm thankful I got fired off of 90210 because three months later I got Boys Don't Cry. I wouldn't have gotten that movie had I stayed on the show, so it was always about trusting fate and learning about the business along the way."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie