Hilary Swank Thankful for Getting Fired From '90210'
Hilary Swank is glad she was fired from "Beverly Hills, 90210" - because she wouldn't have gone on to win an Oscar for "Boys Don't Cry" if she'd stayed on the show. The "Million Dollar Baby" actress was hired to play single mother Carly Reynolds in the U.S. programme and was told she would be signed up for at least two years.
But Swank was devastated when TV bosses wrote her character out after just 16 episodes in 1998. Now she's opened up about the experience, insisting she is "thankful" she was dropped from the series, because she went on to land a role in "Boys Don't Cry", which won her a Best Actress Academy Award and a Golden Globe.
She tells Total Film magazine, "It is weird. There's a lot of luck involved in a career, so I'm thankful I got fired off of 90210 because three months later I got Boys Don't Cry. I wouldn't have gotten that movie had I stayed on the show, so it was always about trusting fate and learning about the business along the way."
More Hilary Swank News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal