Hilary Swank Thankful for Getting Fired From '90210'
Hilary Swank is glad she was fired from "Beverly Hills, 90210" - because she wouldn't have gone on to win an Oscar for "Boys Don't Cry" if she'd stayed on the show. The "Million Dollar Baby" actress was hired to play single mother Carly Reynolds in the U.S. programme and was told she would be signed up for at least two years.
But Swank was devastated when TV bosses wrote her character out after just 16 episodes in 1998. Now she's opened up about the experience, insisting she is "thankful" she was dropped from the series, because she went on to land a role in "Boys Don't Cry", which won her a Best Actress Academy Award and a Golden Globe.
She tells Total Film magazine, "It is weird. There's a lot of luck involved in a career, so I'm thankful I got fired off of 90210 because three months later I got Boys Don't Cry. I wouldn't have gotten that movie had I stayed on the show, so it was always about trusting fate and learning about the business along the way."
More Hilary Swank News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending