Brooke Mueller Left 'Humiliated' by Charlie Sheen's Divorce Filing
Charlie Sheen's estranged wife Brooke Mueller has been left "humiliated" by the actor's decision to file for divorce because he had agreed to wait a year to start proceedings, according to her lawyer. The couple split after the "Two and a Half Men" star was arrested following a fight with Mueller at their retreat in Aspen, Colorado on Christmas Day, during which he allegedly threatened to kill her.
They reportedly signed a property agreement in May to divide up their homes, but decided to wait a year before officially filing for divorce because Mueller "didn't want to make trouble for Charlie", according to her lawyer, Sorrell Trope.
Sheen pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanor assault in August and was sentenced to 30 days in jail, which was suspended pending his completion of a court-ordered rehab program in Malibu, California. His troubles continued last week when he reportedly flew into a rage over a missing watch in a New York hotel and trashed his suite as a naked porn star pal cowered in the bathroom.
Mueller spoke out to support Sheen following the controversy, branding the actor "a survivor". But now she's upset after Sheen's lawyer filed divorce papers on Monday, November 1 without consulting her. Trope tells TMZ, "Charlie humiliated Brooke."
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound