Brooke Mueller Left 'Humiliated' by Charlie Sheen's Divorce Filing
Charlie Sheen's estranged wife Brooke Mueller has been left "humiliated" by the actor's decision to file for divorce because he had agreed to wait a year to start proceedings, according to her lawyer. The couple split after the "Two and a Half Men" star was arrested following a fight with Mueller at their retreat in Aspen, Colorado on Christmas Day, during which he allegedly threatened to kill her.
They reportedly signed a property agreement in May to divide up their homes, but decided to wait a year before officially filing for divorce because Mueller "didn't want to make trouble for Charlie", according to her lawyer, Sorrell Trope.
Sheen pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanor assault in August and was sentenced to 30 days in jail, which was suspended pending his completion of a court-ordered rehab program in Malibu, California. His troubles continued last week when he reportedly flew into a rage over a missing watch in a New York hotel and trashed his suite as a naked porn star pal cowered in the bathroom.
Mueller spoke out to support Sheen following the controversy, branding the actor "a survivor". But now she's upset after Sheen's lawyer filed divorce papers on Monday, November 1 without consulting her. Trope tells TMZ, "Charlie humiliated Brooke."
More Brooke Mueller News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers