Alan Cumming: 'Twitter Is the Devil'
Scottish actor Alan Cumming is not a fan of Twitter.com - because he believes the immediate interaction obsession is ruining society. In an "Enough Is Enough" essay for Black Book magazine, the gay star insists "Twitter is the devil".
He writes, "Not only does it mean that people will grow up not unable to experience something without instantly commenting on it, but it is also a hideous invasion of normal human interaction to watch someone you are talking to in a bar go to the loo (restroom), and then be told later that they did so to tweet about you."
"Or how about when someone witnesses a fender bender and tweets about it rather than asking if you're OK, or if they can help? This happened to me, and a friend of mine saw the tweet and freaked out thinking I was hurt because, of course, the tweeter didn't bother to follow up and say that I was fine." "But worst of all are people who tweet their comments during a play or a movie! I mean, come on! Whatever happened to analysis, or allowing an experience to actually be just that?"
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert