Alan Cumming: 'Twitter Is the Devil'
Scottish actor Alan Cumming is not a fan of Twitter.com - because he believes the immediate interaction obsession is ruining society. In an "Enough Is Enough" essay for Black Book magazine, the gay star insists "Twitter is the devil".
He writes, "Not only does it mean that people will grow up not unable to experience something without instantly commenting on it, but it is also a hideous invasion of normal human interaction to watch someone you are talking to in a bar go to the loo (restroom), and then be told later that they did so to tweet about you."
"Or how about when someone witnesses a fender bender and tweets about it rather than asking if you're OK, or if they can help? This happened to me, and a friend of mine saw the tweet and freaked out thinking I was hurt because, of course, the tweeter didn't bother to follow up and say that I was fine." "But worst of all are people who tweet their comments during a play or a movie! I mean, come on! Whatever happened to analysis, or allowing an experience to actually be just that?"
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed