Alan Cumming: 'Twitter Is the Devil'
Scottish actor Alan Cumming is not a fan of Twitter.com - because he believes the immediate interaction obsession is ruining society. In an "Enough Is Enough" essay for Black Book magazine, the gay star insists "Twitter is the devil".
He writes, "Not only does it mean that people will grow up not unable to experience something without instantly commenting on it, but it is also a hideous invasion of normal human interaction to watch someone you are talking to in a bar go to the loo (restroom), and then be told later that they did so to tweet about you."
"Or how about when someone witnesses a fender bender and tweets about it rather than asking if you're OK, or if they can help? This happened to me, and a friend of mine saw the tweet and freaked out thinking I was hurt because, of course, the tweeter didn't bother to follow up and say that I was fine." "But worst of all are people who tweet their comments during a play or a movie! I mean, come on! Whatever happened to analysis, or allowing an experience to actually be just that?"
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation