Alan Cumming: 'Twitter Is the Devil'
Scottish actor Alan Cumming is not a fan of Twitter.com - because he believes the immediate interaction obsession is ruining society. In an "Enough Is Enough" essay for Black Book magazine, the gay star insists "Twitter is the devil".
He writes, "Not only does it mean that people will grow up not unable to experience something without instantly commenting on it, but it is also a hideous invasion of normal human interaction to watch someone you are talking to in a bar go to the loo (restroom), and then be told later that they did so to tweet about you."
"Or how about when someone witnesses a fender bender and tweets about it rather than asking if you're OK, or if they can help? This happened to me, and a friend of mine saw the tweet and freaked out thinking I was hurt because, of course, the tweeter didn't bother to follow up and say that I was fine." "But worst of all are people who tweet their comments during a play or a movie! I mean, come on! Whatever happened to analysis, or allowing an experience to actually be just that?"
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It