Kara DioGuardi Finds Job in Songwriting Contest Show
Former "American Idol" star Kara DioGuardi has found herself a new TV talent show to judge - she has signed up to lead a songwriting competition. The singer exited the popular TV talent show over the summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
DioGuardi has now found a new job - judging wannabe songwriters on a series called "Going Platinum" for America's Bravo network. She tells People.com, "Hit songs are the backbone of the music industry, and as a publisher, nothing excites me more than finding new songwriting talent. I am happy to be a part of a show that helps up and coming songwriters pursue their dreams, while giving the public a look into the creative process."
The show will be hosted by singer Jewel Kilcher, who will also help judge the competition, and the winner will receive a $100,000 prize, as well as music publishing and recording deals. "Going Platinum" will premiere in America in 2011.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance