Kara DioGuardi Finds Job in Songwriting Contest Show
Former "American Idol" star Kara DioGuardi has found herself a new TV talent show to judge - she has signed up to lead a songwriting competition. The singer exited the popular TV talent show over the summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
DioGuardi has now found a new job - judging wannabe songwriters on a series called "Going Platinum" for America's Bravo network. She tells People.com, "Hit songs are the backbone of the music industry, and as a publisher, nothing excites me more than finding new songwriting talent. I am happy to be a part of a show that helps up and coming songwriters pursue their dreams, while giving the public a look into the creative process."
The show will be hosted by singer Jewel Kilcher, who will also help judge the competition, and the winner will receive a $100,000 prize, as well as music publishing and recording deals. "Going Platinum" will premiere in America in 2011.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'