Kara DioGuardi Finds Job in Songwriting Contest Show
Former "American Idol" star Kara DioGuardi has found herself a new TV talent show to judge - she has signed up to lead a songwriting competition. The singer exited the popular TV talent show over the summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
DioGuardi has now found a new job - judging wannabe songwriters on a series called "Going Platinum" for America's Bravo network. She tells People.com, "Hit songs are the backbone of the music industry, and as a publisher, nothing excites me more than finding new songwriting talent. I am happy to be a part of a show that helps up and coming songwriters pursue their dreams, while giving the public a look into the creative process."
The show will be hosted by singer Jewel Kilcher, who will also help judge the competition, and the winner will receive a $100,000 prize, as well as music publishing and recording deals. "Going Platinum" will premiere in America in 2011.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service