Kara DioGuardi Finds Job in Songwriting Contest Show
Former "American Idol" star Kara DioGuardi has found herself a new TV talent show to judge - she has signed up to lead a songwriting competition. The singer exited the popular TV talent show over the summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
DioGuardi has now found a new job - judging wannabe songwriters on a series called "Going Platinum" for America's Bravo network. She tells People.com, "Hit songs are the backbone of the music industry, and as a publisher, nothing excites me more than finding new songwriting talent. I am happy to be a part of a show that helps up and coming songwriters pursue their dreams, while giving the public a look into the creative process."
The show will be hosted by singer Jewel Kilcher, who will also help judge the competition, and the winner will receive a $100,000 prize, as well as music publishing and recording deals. "Going Platinum" will premiere in America in 2011.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake