Kara DioGuardi Finds Job in Songwriting Contest Show
Former "American Idol" star Kara DioGuardi has found herself a new TV talent show to judge - she has signed up to lead a songwriting competition. The singer exited the popular TV talent show over the summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
DioGuardi has now found a new job - judging wannabe songwriters on a series called "Going Platinum" for America's Bravo network. She tells People.com, "Hit songs are the backbone of the music industry, and as a publisher, nothing excites me more than finding new songwriting talent. I am happy to be a part of a show that helps up and coming songwriters pursue their dreams, while giving the public a look into the creative process."
The show will be hosted by singer Jewel Kilcher, who will also help judge the competition, and the winner will receive a $100,000 prize, as well as music publishing and recording deals. "Going Platinum" will premiere in America in 2011.
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'