Alan Cumming Criticizes Obama Over Gay Policy
Scottish actor Alan Cumming has taken aim at U.S. President Barack Obama, accusing him of failing to improve gay rights since he swept to power. The "GoldenEye" star is furious Obama has delayed on his pledge to overturn the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy, which bans openly-gay citizens from serving in the military.
And he is adamant the failure to throw out the rule means the U.S. leader is refusing to tackle homophobic bullying. In a post on his official blog, Cumming writes, "We keep hearing that Obama is an ally, that Don't Ask, Don't Tell will end under his watch, but what do we actually get? Diddly squat (nothing) thus far on a federal level."
"In addition, there have been some very offensive statements that would have made the Republicans look bad. How can we counsel our children not to bully their gay classmates or mock their gay friends when they see their president refusing to do the equivalent to troops?"
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show