Alan Cumming Criticizes Obama Over Gay Policy
Scottish actor Alan Cumming has taken aim at U.S. President Barack Obama, accusing him of failing to improve gay rights since he swept to power. The "GoldenEye" star is furious Obama has delayed on his pledge to overturn the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy, which bans openly-gay citizens from serving in the military.
And he is adamant the failure to throw out the rule means the U.S. leader is refusing to tackle homophobic bullying. In a post on his official blog, Cumming writes, "We keep hearing that Obama is an ally, that Don't Ask, Don't Tell will end under his watch, but what do we actually get? Diddly squat (nothing) thus far on a federal level."
"In addition, there have been some very offensive statements that would have made the Republicans look bad. How can we counsel our children not to bully their gay classmates or mock their gay friends when they see their president refusing to do the equivalent to troops?"
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women