Alan Cumming Criticizes Obama Over Gay Policy
Scottish actor Alan Cumming has taken aim at U.S. President Barack Obama, accusing him of failing to improve gay rights since he swept to power. The "GoldenEye" star is furious Obama has delayed on his pledge to overturn the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy, which bans openly-gay citizens from serving in the military.
And he is adamant the failure to throw out the rule means the U.S. leader is refusing to tackle homophobic bullying. In a post on his official blog, Cumming writes, "We keep hearing that Obama is an ally, that Don't Ask, Don't Tell will end under his watch, but what do we actually get? Diddly squat (nothing) thus far on a federal level."
"In addition, there have been some very offensive statements that would have made the Republicans look bad. How can we counsel our children not to bully their gay classmates or mock their gay friends when they see their president refusing to do the equivalent to troops?"
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics