Alan Cumming Criticizes Obama Over Gay Policy
Scottish actor Alan Cumming has taken aim at U.S. President Barack Obama, accusing him of failing to improve gay rights since he swept to power. The "GoldenEye" star is furious Obama has delayed on his pledge to overturn the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy, which bans openly-gay citizens from serving in the military.
And he is adamant the failure to throw out the rule means the U.S. leader is refusing to tackle homophobic bullying. In a post on his official blog, Cumming writes, "We keep hearing that Obama is an ally, that Don't Ask, Don't Tell will end under his watch, but what do we actually get? Diddly squat (nothing) thus far on a federal level."
"In addition, there have been some very offensive statements that would have made the Republicans look bad. How can we counsel our children not to bully their gay classmates or mock their gay friends when they see their president refusing to do the equivalent to troops?"
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked