Alan Cumming Criticizes Obama Over Gay Policy
Scottish actor Alan Cumming has taken aim at U.S. President Barack Obama, accusing him of failing to improve gay rights since he swept to power. The "GoldenEye" star is furious Obama has delayed on his pledge to overturn the 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy, which bans openly-gay citizens from serving in the military.
And he is adamant the failure to throw out the rule means the U.S. leader is refusing to tackle homophobic bullying. In a post on his official blog, Cumming writes, "We keep hearing that Obama is an ally, that Don't Ask, Don't Tell will end under his watch, but what do we actually get? Diddly squat (nothing) thus far on a federal level."
"In addition, there have been some very offensive statements that would have made the Republicans look bad. How can we counsel our children not to bully their gay classmates or mock their gay friends when they see their president refusing to do the equivalent to troops?"
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her