Willow Smith Banned From Reading Negative Comment About Her Music
Will Smith has banned his young daughter Willow Smith from reading critics' reviews of her debut single "Whip My Hair" - because he doesn't want negative comments tainting her venture into the pop industry. The nine year old has won praise for her catchy new song since unveiling the track last month, but she admits her dad is still shielding her from the harsh comments made by some detractors online.
Willow Smith tells news show Access Hollywood, "Whenever I'm on (video-sharing website) YouTube trying to look at my song to show my friends, he's like covering the comments and I'm like, 'Dad, what's wrong?' And he's like, 'Nothing, it's just there's people out there who really don't like it.'"
Willow Smith has been signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation and will include "Whip My Hair" in her upcoming debut album.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet