Willow Smith Banned From Reading Negative Comment About Her Music
Will Smith has banned his young daughter Willow Smith from reading critics' reviews of her debut single "Whip My Hair" - because he doesn't want negative comments tainting her venture into the pop industry. The nine year old has won praise for her catchy new song since unveiling the track last month, but she admits her dad is still shielding her from the harsh comments made by some detractors online.
Willow Smith tells news show Access Hollywood, "Whenever I'm on (video-sharing website) YouTube trying to look at my song to show my friends, he's like covering the comments and I'm like, 'Dad, what's wrong?' And he's like, 'Nothing, it's just there's people out there who really don't like it.'"
Willow Smith has been signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation and will include "Whip My Hair" in her upcoming debut album.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why