Willow Smith Banned From Reading Negative Comment About Her Music
Will Smith has banned his young daughter Willow Smith from reading critics' reviews of her debut single "Whip My Hair" - because he doesn't want negative comments tainting her venture into the pop industry. The nine year old has won praise for her catchy new song since unveiling the track last month, but she admits her dad is still shielding her from the harsh comments made by some detractors online.
Willow Smith tells news show Access Hollywood, "Whenever I'm on (video-sharing website) YouTube trying to look at my song to show my friends, he's like covering the comments and I'm like, 'Dad, what's wrong?' And he's like, 'Nothing, it's just there's people out there who really don't like it.'"
Willow Smith has been signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation and will include "Whip My Hair" in her upcoming debut album.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'