Stevie Wonder's Private Show Boosts Donation for Paul Newman's Charity
Stevie Wonder helped to boost donations for Paul Newman's summer camp organization by an extra $100,000 on Thursday, October 21 - when a private bidder handed over the staggering amount for an intimate performance by the soul icon.
Hollywood stars including Meryl Streep, Bette Midler, Renee Zellweger and Bill Cosby all turned out for the New York benefit for Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Camps last week, raising more than $3 million over the course of the night.
But charity organizers received an unexpected "afterhours" donation after the event wrapped, with the mystery buyer digging deep to land the private one-song show from Wonder, according to the New York Post's Page Six column.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens