Stevie Wonder's Private Show Boosts Donation for Paul Newman's Charity
Stevie Wonder helped to boost donations for Paul Newman's summer camp organization by an extra $100,000 on Thursday, October 21 - when a private bidder handed over the staggering amount for an intimate performance by the soul icon.
Hollywood stars including Meryl Streep, Bette Midler, Renee Zellweger and Bill Cosby all turned out for the New York benefit for Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Camps last week, raising more than $3 million over the course of the night.
But charity organizers received an unexpected "afterhours" donation after the event wrapped, with the mystery buyer digging deep to land the private one-song show from Wonder, according to the New York Post's Page Six column.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards