Stevie Wonder's Private Show Boosts Donation for Paul Newman's Charity
Stevie Wonder helped to boost donations for Paul Newman's summer camp organization by an extra $100,000 on Thursday, October 21 - when a private bidder handed over the staggering amount for an intimate performance by the soul icon.
Hollywood stars including Meryl Streep, Bette Midler, Renee Zellweger and Bill Cosby all turned out for the New York benefit for Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Camps last week, raising more than $3 million over the course of the night.
But charity organizers received an unexpected "afterhours" donation after the event wrapped, with the mystery buyer digging deep to land the private one-song show from Wonder, according to the New York Post's Page Six column.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour