Stevie Wonder's Private Show Boosts Donation for Paul Newman's Charity
Stevie Wonder helped to boost donations for Paul Newman's summer camp organization by an extra $100,000 on Thursday, October 21 - when a private bidder handed over the staggering amount for an intimate performance by the soul icon.
Hollywood stars including Meryl Streep, Bette Midler, Renee Zellweger and Bill Cosby all turned out for the New York benefit for Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Camps last week, raising more than $3 million over the course of the night.
But charity organizers received an unexpected "afterhours" donation after the event wrapped, with the mystery buyer digging deep to land the private one-song show from Wonder, according to the New York Post's Page Six column.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer