Stevie Wonder's Private Show Boosts Donation for Paul Newman's Charity
Stevie Wonder helped to boost donations for Paul Newman's summer camp organization by an extra $100,000 on Thursday, October 21 - when a private bidder handed over the staggering amount for an intimate performance by the soul icon.
Hollywood stars including Meryl Streep, Bette Midler, Renee Zellweger and Bill Cosby all turned out for the New York benefit for Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Camps last week, raising more than $3 million over the course of the night.
But charity organizers received an unexpected "afterhours" donation after the event wrapped, with the mystery buyer digging deep to land the private one-song show from Wonder, according to the New York Post's Page Six column.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes