Lily Allen Set to Perform at Elton John's Ball
Pregnant pop star Lily Allen has patched up her relationship with Sir Elton John to come out of retirement again. She's agreed to sing at the star's annual winter ball next week. The "Smile" hitmaker, who is currently on a pop hiatus, famously fell out with the Rocket Man after they both appeared at the GQ Men of The Year Awards in 2008.
Allen then mocked John in her music video for "Who'd Have Known", in which she gazes at images of the veteran star, before an Elton lookalike is kidnapped and forced to declare his love for her. But the pair put their differences behind them in 2009 when Allen designed her own cocktail bar for John's 2009 ball - and now she has signed up to play a set at this year's festivities, which takes place next Saturday, October 30.
A statement from John and his partner David Furnish reads, "We are thrilled to announce that this year our dear friend Lily Allen will give us an exclusive performance."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group