Lily Allen Set to Perform at Elton John's Ball
Pregnant pop star Lily Allen has patched up her relationship with Sir Elton John to come out of retirement again. She's agreed to sing at the star's annual winter ball next week. The "Smile" hitmaker, who is currently on a pop hiatus, famously fell out with the Rocket Man after they both appeared at the GQ Men of The Year Awards in 2008.
Allen then mocked John in her music video for "Who'd Have Known", in which she gazes at images of the veteran star, before an Elton lookalike is kidnapped and forced to declare his love for her. But the pair put their differences behind them in 2009 when Allen designed her own cocktail bar for John's 2009 ball - and now she has signed up to play a set at this year's festivities, which takes place next Saturday, October 30.
A statement from John and his partner David Furnish reads, "We are thrilled to announce that this year our dear friend Lily Allen will give us an exclusive performance."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest