Russell Simmons Apologizes to Courtney Love for Crackhead Comments
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has apologized to pal Courtney Love after insulting the singer by calling her a "crackhead" for posting nude pictures of herself online. The Def Jam co-founder recently poked fun at Love for accidentally uploading raunchy photos of herself on social networking website Twitter.com earlier this month.
Love, who has candidly spoken about her battle with drug addiction, was so embarrassed by the scandal she shut down her Twitter account. The incident surprised Simmons and he was convinced his rocker pal was under the influence when she sent the pictures to the public.
Speaking at an event earlier this week, he told the New York Post, "I think she is a sweet girl... It's probably exciting to be a crackhead." But Love failed to see the funny side and responded to the newspaper, "I'm fairly insulted that he associates me with that drug. What does that mean?"
Simmons was left embarrassed by the controversy and now the hip-hop mogul has issued a public apology to the singer on his own Twitter blog. Taking to the website on Friday, October 22, he wrote, "Gotta lay off green juice (fast), allowed the media to string my words together and insult friend @CourtneyLoveUK horrible mess (sic)."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic