Russell Simmons Apologizes to Courtney Love for Crackhead Comments
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has apologized to pal Courtney Love after insulting the singer by calling her a "crackhead" for posting nude pictures of herself online. The Def Jam co-founder recently poked fun at Love for accidentally uploading raunchy photos of herself on social networking website Twitter.com earlier this month.
Love, who has candidly spoken about her battle with drug addiction, was so embarrassed by the scandal she shut down her Twitter account. The incident surprised Simmons and he was convinced his rocker pal was under the influence when she sent the pictures to the public.
Speaking at an event earlier this week, he told the New York Post, "I think she is a sweet girl... It's probably exciting to be a crackhead." But Love failed to see the funny side and responded to the newspaper, "I'm fairly insulted that he associates me with that drug. What does that mean?"
Simmons was left embarrassed by the controversy and now the hip-hop mogul has issued a public apology to the singer on his own Twitter blog. Taking to the website on Friday, October 22, he wrote, "Gotta lay off green juice (fast), allowed the media to string my words together and insult friend @CourtneyLoveUK horrible mess (sic)."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now