Russell Simmons Apologizes to Courtney Love for Crackhead Comments
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has apologized to pal Courtney Love after insulting the singer by calling her a "crackhead" for posting nude pictures of herself online. The Def Jam co-founder recently poked fun at Love for accidentally uploading raunchy photos of herself on social networking website Twitter.com earlier this month.
Love, who has candidly spoken about her battle with drug addiction, was so embarrassed by the scandal she shut down her Twitter account. The incident surprised Simmons and he was convinced his rocker pal was under the influence when she sent the pictures to the public.
Speaking at an event earlier this week, he told the New York Post, "I think she is a sweet girl... It's probably exciting to be a crackhead." But Love failed to see the funny side and responded to the newspaper, "I'm fairly insulted that he associates me with that drug. What does that mean?"
Simmons was left embarrassed by the controversy and now the hip-hop mogul has issued a public apology to the singer on his own Twitter blog. Taking to the website on Friday, October 22, he wrote, "Gotta lay off green juice (fast), allowed the media to string my words together and insult friend @CourtneyLoveUK horrible mess (sic)."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes