Russell Simmons Apologizes to Courtney Love for Crackhead Comments
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has apologized to pal Courtney Love after insulting the singer by calling her a "crackhead" for posting nude pictures of herself online. The Def Jam co-founder recently poked fun at Love for accidentally uploading raunchy photos of herself on social networking website Twitter.com earlier this month.
Love, who has candidly spoken about her battle with drug addiction, was so embarrassed by the scandal she shut down her Twitter account. The incident surprised Simmons and he was convinced his rocker pal was under the influence when she sent the pictures to the public.
Speaking at an event earlier this week, he told the New York Post, "I think she is a sweet girl... It's probably exciting to be a crackhead." But Love failed to see the funny side and responded to the newspaper, "I'm fairly insulted that he associates me with that drug. What does that mean?"
Simmons was left embarrassed by the controversy and now the hip-hop mogul has issued a public apology to the singer on his own Twitter blog. Taking to the website on Friday, October 22, he wrote, "Gotta lay off green juice (fast), allowed the media to string my words together and insult friend @CourtneyLoveUK horrible mess (sic)."
- Did The Weeknd Send Gigi Hadid a Birthday Gift Despite Dumping Her Sister Bella?
- Machine Gun Kelly Explains Health Scare He Experienced During Concert
- Report: Mariah Carey Was a Diva While Visiting Disneyland
- New 'Justice League' Poster Brings Back Superman
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez' Candlelit Dinner
- Kim Zolciak's 4-Year-Old Son Gets Emergency Surgery After Being Bitten by Dog
- Kendrick Lamar Nabs Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'DAMN'
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Confirm Relationship With PDA Pictures