Big Boi and Keri Hilson Drop by School for 'Get Schooled'
Rapper Big Boi and singer Keri Hilson surprised high school students in Chicago, Illinois on Thursday, October 21 by dropping in to encourage them to work hard for top grades. The pair spoke to over 1,000 teens as part of the "Get Schooled National Challenge and Tour", and Outkast star Big Boi revealed he once had ambitions to be a child psychologist before hitting the big time.
He told the thrilled students, "Before I started doing music, I was actually going to school to study child psychology, but, when I was in 11th grade, we went platinum. But I still finished and graduated with honors - you need that."
Hilson also chatted with the kids about their studies and the importance of finishing high school - regaling her young fans with memories from her own school days. She explained, "I juggled a lot in high school. I had to learn balance. I had to learn to prioritize my time. I think that is the key to making it through high school in life in general, is knowing what's important. Attacking that and executing everything."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media