Robin Williams Could Play Bengal Tiger on Broadway
Robin Williams is well on his way to returning to the Broadway stage to star in Rajiv Joseph's acclaimed play "Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo", according to reports. The New York Times reports that producers Robyn Goodman and Kevin McCollum are close to concluding a deal with the funnyman.
The play, set around the Iraq War, is scheduled to open in New York in spring 2011. "Bengal Tiger" won huge acclaim when it debuted at the Kirk Douglas Theater in Culver City, California in May, 2009. It most recently played the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles earlier this year.
Williams is slated to take over from Kevin Tighe in the title role of the Tiger when the play transfers to New York.
More Robin Williams News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed