Robin Williams Could Play Bengal Tiger on Broadway
Robin Williams is well on his way to returning to the Broadway stage to star in Rajiv Joseph's acclaimed play "Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo", according to reports. The New York Times reports that producers Robyn Goodman and Kevin McCollum are close to concluding a deal with the funnyman.
The play, set around the Iraq War, is scheduled to open in New York in spring 2011. "Bengal Tiger" won huge acclaim when it debuted at the Kirk Douglas Theater in Culver City, California in May, 2009. It most recently played the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles earlier this year.
Williams is slated to take over from Kevin Tighe in the title role of the Tiger when the play transfers to New York.
More Robin Williams News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special