Robin Williams Could Play Bengal Tiger on Broadway
Robin Williams is well on his way to returning to the Broadway stage to star in Rajiv Joseph's acclaimed play "Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo", according to reports. The New York Times reports that producers Robyn Goodman and Kevin McCollum are close to concluding a deal with the funnyman.
The play, set around the Iraq War, is scheduled to open in New York in spring 2011. "Bengal Tiger" won huge acclaim when it debuted at the Kirk Douglas Theater in Culver City, California in May, 2009. It most recently played the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles earlier this year.
Williams is slated to take over from Kevin Tighe in the title role of the Tiger when the play transfers to New York.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked