Robin Williams Could Play Bengal Tiger on Broadway
Robin Williams is well on his way to returning to the Broadway stage to star in Rajiv Joseph's acclaimed play "Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo", according to reports. The New York Times reports that producers Robyn Goodman and Kevin McCollum are close to concluding a deal with the funnyman.
The play, set around the Iraq War, is scheduled to open in New York in spring 2011. "Bengal Tiger" won huge acclaim when it debuted at the Kirk Douglas Theater in Culver City, California in May, 2009. It most recently played the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles earlier this year.
Williams is slated to take over from Kevin Tighe in the title role of the Tiger when the play transfers to New York.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist