Robin Williams Could Play Bengal Tiger on Broadway
Robin Williams is well on his way to returning to the Broadway stage to star in Rajiv Joseph's acclaimed play "Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo", according to reports. The New York Times reports that producers Robyn Goodman and Kevin McCollum are close to concluding a deal with the funnyman.
The play, set around the Iraq War, is scheduled to open in New York in spring 2011. "Bengal Tiger" won huge acclaim when it debuted at the Kirk Douglas Theater in Culver City, California in May, 2009. It most recently played the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles earlier this year.
Williams is slated to take over from Kevin Tighe in the title role of the Tiger when the play transfers to New York.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival