Missy Elliott Accepts Visionary Prize at Black Girls Rock! Awards
Missy Elliott was honored as a positive role model for the African-American community at the 2010 Black Girls Rock! Awards on Saturday, October 16. The "Get Ur Freak On" hitmaker accepted the Visionary prize from singer Ciara while actresses Ruby Dee, Keke Palmer and Raven-Symone were also celebrated for their achievements at the ceremony.
Elliott later took to her Twitter.com page to thank DJ Beverly Bond for organizing the event, held in the Paradise Theater in New York City's Bronx borough. She wrote:, "Beverly Bond u are so Amazing! I honer (sic) u! A inspiring (sic) event! Thanks to BlackGirlRock for my 2nd time being honoured for the Visionary Award! God thank u for ure (your) blessings and favour! I wanted to cry 4 got (forgot) to thank my momma... all nervous."
The event, hosted by actress Nia Long, will air in the U.S. next month.
More Missy Elliott News
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand