Missy Elliott Accepts Visionary Prize at Black Girls Rock! Awards
Missy Elliott was honored as a positive role model for the African-American community at the 2010 Black Girls Rock! Awards on Saturday, October 16. The "Get Ur Freak On" hitmaker accepted the Visionary prize from singer Ciara while actresses Ruby Dee, Keke Palmer and Raven-Symone were also celebrated for their achievements at the ceremony.
Elliott later took to her Twitter.com page to thank DJ Beverly Bond for organizing the event, held in the Paradise Theater in New York City's Bronx borough. She wrote:, "Beverly Bond u are so Amazing! I honer (sic) u! A inspiring (sic) event! Thanks to BlackGirlRock for my 2nd time being honoured for the Visionary Award! God thank u for ure (your) blessings and favour! I wanted to cry 4 got (forgot) to thank my momma... all nervous."
The event, hosted by actress Nia Long, will air in the U.S. next month.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce