Missy Elliott Accepts Visionary Prize at Black Girls Rock! Awards
Missy Elliott was honored as a positive role model for the African-American community at the 2010 Black Girls Rock! Awards on Saturday, October 16. The "Get Ur Freak On" hitmaker accepted the Visionary prize from singer Ciara while actresses Ruby Dee, Keke Palmer and Raven-Symone were also celebrated for their achievements at the ceremony.
Elliott later took to her Twitter.com page to thank DJ Beverly Bond for organizing the event, held in the Paradise Theater in New York City's Bronx borough. She wrote:, "Beverly Bond u are so Amazing! I honer (sic) u! A inspiring (sic) event! Thanks to BlackGirlRock for my 2nd time being honoured for the Visionary Award! God thank u for ure (your) blessings and favour! I wanted to cry 4 got (forgot) to thank my momma... all nervous."
The event, hosted by actress Nia Long, will air in the U.S. next month.
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?