Missy Elliott Accepts Visionary Prize at Black Girls Rock! Awards
Missy Elliott was honored as a positive role model for the African-American community at the 2010 Black Girls Rock! Awards on Saturday, October 16. The "Get Ur Freak On" hitmaker accepted the Visionary prize from singer Ciara while actresses Ruby Dee, Keke Palmer and Raven-Symone were also celebrated for their achievements at the ceremony.
Elliott later took to her Twitter.com page to thank DJ Beverly Bond for organizing the event, held in the Paradise Theater in New York City's Bronx borough. She wrote:, "Beverly Bond u are so Amazing! I honer (sic) u! A inspiring (sic) event! Thanks to BlackGirlRock for my 2nd time being honoured for the Visionary Award! God thank u for ure (your) blessings and favour! I wanted to cry 4 got (forgot) to thank my momma... all nervous."
The event, hosted by actress Nia Long, will air in the U.S. next month.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences