Missy Elliott Accepts Visionary Prize at Black Girls Rock! Awards
Missy Elliott was honored as a positive role model for the African-American community at the 2010 Black Girls Rock! Awards on Saturday, October 16. The "Get Ur Freak On" hitmaker accepted the Visionary prize from singer Ciara while actresses Ruby Dee, Keke Palmer and Raven-Symone were also celebrated for their achievements at the ceremony.
Elliott later took to her Twitter.com page to thank DJ Beverly Bond for organizing the event, held in the Paradise Theater in New York City's Bronx borough. She wrote:, "Beverly Bond u are so Amazing! I honer (sic) u! A inspiring (sic) event! Thanks to BlackGirlRock for my 2nd time being honoured for the Visionary Award! God thank u for ure (your) blessings and favour! I wanted to cry 4 got (forgot) to thank my momma... all nervous."
The event, hosted by actress Nia Long, will air in the U.S. next month.
More Missy Elliott News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered