P. Diddy Wants to Hold Majority Stake in American Football Team
Hip-hop mogul P. Diddy wants to make sporting history and become the "first black owner" of a top American football team. The entrepreneur, who has experienced success in the music, fashion, restaurant and alcohol industries, is keen to follow in the steps of his ex-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez and move into sports ownership.
But Combs doesn't want to just be a shareholder in a team like Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony's deal with the Miami Dolphins - he wants to hold a majority stake in an NFL franchise. He says, "You know there aren't any black owners and I plan on being the first black owner of an NFL football team. I wanna put it out there. Not minority owners, majority owners!"
Another star who is in his bid to be shareholder in American football team, Miami Dolphins, is Birdman. He recently revealed, "It's in the works. You have to get a clearance from the NFL... We're waiting on the clearance. Once we get cleared, we good."
More P. Diddy News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance