Taylor Swift Lands Six Top 10 Debuts, Breaking a Tie With Mariah Carey
Taylor Swift has conjured up pop chart magic in America again by becoming the only act in Billboard Hot 100 history to land six top 10 debuts. Her latest release, "Speak Now", has entered the new countdown at eight and breaks a tie with Mariah Carey.
The country star's first top 10 debut was "Change" two years ago, 2008. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are" scores a fourth week at the top of the Hot 100, and Far East Movement and Nelly round out the new top three with "Like a G6" and "Just a Dream", respectively.
And the "Glee" cast has broken its own record for the most debuts on the chart - just a week after landing six new entries on the countdown, the stars of the hit show have placed seven on this week's list. The highest, a cover of The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand", at 36.
More Taylor Swift News
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories