Cliff Richard Celebrates His 70th birthday
Veteran singer Sir Cliff Richard celebrates his 70th birthday on Thursday, October 14, marking a music career that has spanned a staggering seven decades. The pop star has broken numerous records throughout his time in the music industry, scoring his first U.K. number one single in 1959 with "Living Doll" and going on to land chart hits in every decade from the 1950s to the 2000s - tying the record with Elvis Presley.
Richard has sold over 260 million records worldwide over the years and become a stalwart of Britain's entertainment industry. He is celebrating his 70th birthday by performing six special shows at London's Royal Albert Hall, where he holds the record for the most ever performances at the venue.
To mark Sir Cliff's milestone, WENN has compiled 10 fascinating facts about the beloved pop veteran, wishing him a very happy birthday:
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship