Cliff Richard Celebrates His 70th birthday
Veteran singer Sir Cliff Richard celebrates his 70th birthday on Thursday, October 14, marking a music career that has spanned a staggering seven decades. The pop star has broken numerous records throughout his time in the music industry, scoring his first U.K. number one single in 1959 with "Living Doll" and going on to land chart hits in every decade from the 1950s to the 2000s - tying the record with Elvis Presley.
Richard has sold over 260 million records worldwide over the years and become a stalwart of Britain's entertainment industry. He is celebrating his 70th birthday by performing six special shows at London's Royal Albert Hall, where he holds the record for the most ever performances at the venue.
To mark Sir Cliff's milestone, WENN has compiled 10 fascinating facts about the beloved pop veteran, wishing him a very happy birthday:
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles