Mika Keeps Bedside Vigil as His Sister Is in Critical Condition
Pop star Mika is keeping a bedside vigil for his sister after she was admitted to hospital following a freak fall out of a window. The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker was with his sibling, Paloma Penniman, in the early hours of Sunday morning, October 10 when she fell 50 feet from a window at her home and landed on a metal rail.
Penniman's legs were both impaled and one spike from the railing entered her abdomen, according to reports. Mika called an ambulance to her home in Kensington, west London, where firefighters are believed to have cut into a section of the railings to help her.
Paloma was then taken to the Royal London Hospital, where Mika is "utterly inconsolable" at her side, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "To say he's traumatized by this doesn't even come close. It's the stuff of nightmares. Paloma had surgery today on her abdomen and legs - but she is critically ill. Mika is out of his mind with worry. No one really knows what happened. One minute Paloma was sitting on the window-ledge, the next she had fallen on to the railings."
A spokesperson for Mika says, "Paloma had a serious accident. She is in a critical but stable state. The family have asked for privacy at this time."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group