Mika Keeps Bedside Vigil as His Sister Is in Critical Condition
Pop star Mika is keeping a bedside vigil for his sister after she was admitted to hospital following a freak fall out of a window. The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker was with his sibling, Paloma Penniman, in the early hours of Sunday morning, October 10 when she fell 50 feet from a window at her home and landed on a metal rail.
Penniman's legs were both impaled and one spike from the railing entered her abdomen, according to reports. Mika called an ambulance to her home in Kensington, west London, where firefighters are believed to have cut into a section of the railings to help her.
Paloma was then taken to the Royal London Hospital, where Mika is "utterly inconsolable" at her side, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "To say he's traumatized by this doesn't even come close. It's the stuff of nightmares. Paloma had surgery today on her abdomen and legs - but she is critically ill. Mika is out of his mind with worry. No one really knows what happened. One minute Paloma was sitting on the window-ledge, the next she had fallen on to the railings."
A spokesperson for Mika says, "Paloma had a serious accident. She is in a critical but stable state. The family have asked for privacy at this time."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special