Mika Keeps Bedside Vigil as His Sister Is in Critical Condition
Pop star Mika is keeping a bedside vigil for his sister after she was admitted to hospital following a freak fall out of a window. The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker was with his sibling, Paloma Penniman, in the early hours of Sunday morning, October 10 when she fell 50 feet from a window at her home and landed on a metal rail.
Penniman's legs were both impaled and one spike from the railing entered her abdomen, according to reports. Mika called an ambulance to her home in Kensington, west London, where firefighters are believed to have cut into a section of the railings to help her.
Paloma was then taken to the Royal London Hospital, where Mika is "utterly inconsolable" at her side, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "To say he's traumatized by this doesn't even come close. It's the stuff of nightmares. Paloma had surgery today on her abdomen and legs - but she is critically ill. Mika is out of his mind with worry. No one really knows what happened. One minute Paloma was sitting on the window-ledge, the next she had fallen on to the railings."
A spokesperson for Mika says, "Paloma had a serious accident. She is in a critical but stable state. The family have asked for privacy at this time."
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money