Kings of Leon Shocked by Fans Reaction Over 'Glee' Snub
Kings of Leon star Nathan Followill is still reeling from the fuss surrounding the band's decision not to let "Glee" bosses use its songs in an upcoming episode. The "Sex on Fire" hitmakers have assured fans they were approached about a possible "Glee" deal, despite show producers insisting the whole thing was a big misunderstanding.
Followill's bandmate and cousin Jared Followill told the media the group had rejected the request, saying, "We turn stuff down constantly." And now the drummer admits he was shocked the decision became such big news this summer."
Nathan tells Britain's Mojo magazine, "Turning down Glee was like stepping on a kitten. We had no idea there was going to be that response. As artists... you have the right to turn down stuff and at the time it just didn't seem to be the right fit."
"No offense to anybody. Hopefully a show will come out about hot models in bikinis and then we'll let 'em use every one of our songs."
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5