Kings of Leon Shocked by Fans Reaction Over 'Glee' Snub
Kings of Leon star Nathan Followill is still reeling from the fuss surrounding the band's decision not to let "Glee" bosses use its songs in an upcoming episode. The "Sex on Fire" hitmakers have assured fans they were approached about a possible "Glee" deal, despite show producers insisting the whole thing was a big misunderstanding.
Followill's bandmate and cousin Jared Followill told the media the group had rejected the request, saying, "We turn stuff down constantly." And now the drummer admits he was shocked the decision became such big news this summer."
Nathan tells Britain's Mojo magazine, "Turning down Glee was like stepping on a kitten. We had no idea there was going to be that response. As artists... you have the right to turn down stuff and at the time it just didn't seem to be the right fit."
"No offense to anybody. Hopefully a show will come out about hot models in bikinis and then we'll let 'em use every one of our songs."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media