Paul McCartney's Handwritten Lyrics Sold in Auction
Handwritten lyrics by Sir Paul McCartney are expected to get at least $200,000 in a music memorabilia auction this month. The working lyrics to "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", off The Beatles' 1969 album "Abbey Road", are expected to be the big draw in the internet sale, which also includes unreleased Lady GaGa demos, clothing worn by Elvis Presley, and a crystal-encrusted helmet worn by Michael Jackson on his 1981 Triumph tour.
James Brown's 1987 signed American passport has also gone under the hammer, as well as 50 signed guitars and Bob Dylan's handwritten lyrics to his early track, "Song to Woody". A black and white hat worn by Kurt Cobain at a Nirvana concert in 1991 is also up for grabs in Gotta Have It! Collectibles' auction, which ends on October 15.
More Paul McCartney News
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5