Paul McCartney's Handwritten Lyrics Sold in Auction
Handwritten lyrics by Sir Paul McCartney are expected to get at least $200,000 in a music memorabilia auction this month. The working lyrics to "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", off The Beatles' 1969 album "Abbey Road", are expected to be the big draw in the internet sale, which also includes unreleased Lady GaGa demos, clothing worn by Elvis Presley, and a crystal-encrusted helmet worn by Michael Jackson on his 1981 Triumph tour.
James Brown's 1987 signed American passport has also gone under the hammer, as well as 50 signed guitars and Bob Dylan's handwritten lyrics to his early track, "Song to Woody". A black and white hat worn by Kurt Cobain at a Nirvana concert in 1991 is also up for grabs in Gotta Have It! Collectibles' auction, which ends on October 15.
More Paul McCartney News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order