Amy Winehouse Belted Out a Number of New Tracks at Surprise Pub Gig
Amy Winehouse stunned drinkers at a London pub on Monday night, October 4 when she took to the stage for a one-off charity performance. The "Back to Black" singer was a guest at the Hawley Arms' monthly charity club night and surprised the organizers by participating in the event.
Organizer Izzy Lawrence says, "Amy just whispered to me, 'I know I'm not on the lineup but do you mind if I play?' Obviously I wasn't going to say no and she got up and played and it was amazing."
The 27-year-old singer belted out six songs, including "Tears Dry On Their Own" and a number of new tracks and the previously unheard material was well received. Lawrence adds, "It's quite upbeat, quite funky, very soulful. I think this is going to be massive. If those songs are going to be on the new album, it's going to be huge."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs