Amy Winehouse Belted Out a Number of New Tracks at Surprise Pub Gig
Amy Winehouse stunned drinkers at a London pub on Monday night, October 4 when she took to the stage for a one-off charity performance. The "Back to Black" singer was a guest at the Hawley Arms' monthly charity club night and surprised the organizers by participating in the event.
Organizer Izzy Lawrence says, "Amy just whispered to me, 'I know I'm not on the lineup but do you mind if I play?' Obviously I wasn't going to say no and she got up and played and it was amazing."
The 27-year-old singer belted out six songs, including "Tears Dry On Their Own" and a number of new tracks and the previously unheard material was well received. Lawrence adds, "It's quite upbeat, quite funky, very soulful. I think this is going to be massive. If those songs are going to be on the new album, it's going to be huge."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic