Amy Winehouse Belted Out a Number of New Tracks at Surprise Pub Gig
Amy Winehouse stunned drinkers at a London pub on Monday night, October 4 when she took to the stage for a one-off charity performance. The "Back to Black" singer was a guest at the Hawley Arms' monthly charity club night and surprised the organizers by participating in the event.
Organizer Izzy Lawrence says, "Amy just whispered to me, 'I know I'm not on the lineup but do you mind if I play?' Obviously I wasn't going to say no and she got up and played and it was amazing."
The 27-year-old singer belted out six songs, including "Tears Dry On Their Own" and a number of new tracks and the previously unheard material was well received. Lawrence adds, "It's quite upbeat, quite funky, very soulful. I think this is going to be massive. If those songs are going to be on the new album, it's going to be huge."
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date