Amy Winehouse Belted Out a Number of New Tracks at Surprise Pub Gig
Amy Winehouse stunned drinkers at a London pub on Monday night, October 4 when she took to the stage for a one-off charity performance. The "Back to Black" singer was a guest at the Hawley Arms' monthly charity club night and surprised the organizers by participating in the event.
Organizer Izzy Lawrence says, "Amy just whispered to me, 'I know I'm not on the lineup but do you mind if I play?' Obviously I wasn't going to say no and she got up and played and it was amazing."
The 27-year-old singer belted out six songs, including "Tears Dry On Their Own" and a number of new tracks and the previously unheard material was well received. Lawrence adds, "It's quite upbeat, quite funky, very soulful. I think this is going to be massive. If those songs are going to be on the new album, it's going to be huge."
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'