Amy Winehouse Belted Out a Number of New Tracks at Surprise Pub Gig
Amy Winehouse stunned drinkers at a London pub on Monday night, October 4 when she took to the stage for a one-off charity performance. The "Back to Black" singer was a guest at the Hawley Arms' monthly charity club night and surprised the organizers by participating in the event.
Organizer Izzy Lawrence says, "Amy just whispered to me, 'I know I'm not on the lineup but do you mind if I play?' Obviously I wasn't going to say no and she got up and played and it was amazing."
The 27-year-old singer belted out six songs, including "Tears Dry On Their Own" and a number of new tracks and the previously unheard material was well received. Lawrence adds, "It's quite upbeat, quite funky, very soulful. I think this is going to be massive. If those songs are going to be on the new album, it's going to be huge."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie