Chris Rock and Sarah Silverman Paid Tribute at Greg Giraldo's Funeral
Comedians Chris Rock and Sarah Silverman were among the stars who paid tribute to tragic funnyman Greg Giraldo as he was laid to rest in New York on Tuesday, October 5. Giraldo passed away last week, on September 29, five days after he was admitted to hospital following an accidental drug overdose.
A memorial stand-up show was held in his honor at the Governor's Comedy Club in Levittown, New York on Friday, October 1. A private funeral for family and friends took place in The Hamptons in Long Island on Tuesday, where comedian Colin Quinn delivered a heartfelt speech about his late pal in front of fellow mourners including Rock, Silverman and Jon Stewart.
Greg Giraldo is known for his celebrity roast appearances. He had also become a judge on "Last Comic Standing".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'