Chris Rock and Sarah Silverman Paid Tribute at Greg Giraldo's Funeral
Comedians Chris Rock and Sarah Silverman were among the stars who paid tribute to tragic funnyman Greg Giraldo as he was laid to rest in New York on Tuesday, October 5. Giraldo passed away last week, on September 29, five days after he was admitted to hospital following an accidental drug overdose.
A memorial stand-up show was held in his honor at the Governor's Comedy Club in Levittown, New York on Friday, October 1. A private funeral for family and friends took place in The Hamptons in Long Island on Tuesday, where comedian Colin Quinn delivered a heartfelt speech about his late pal in front of fellow mourners including Rock, Silverman and Jon Stewart.
Greg Giraldo is known for his celebrity roast appearances. He had also become a judge on "Last Comic Standing".
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered