U.S. President Obama on Meeting Bob Dylan: It Was a Real Treat
U.S. President Barack Obama was left stunned when he came face to face with Bob Dylan at the White House and can now understand how some people feel when they meet him for the first time. Unlike many stars, Dylan had little interest in meeting Obama when he was invited to perform at the White House as part of a celebration of civil rights music and the President only briefly met up with the folk-rock icon after his short set.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "He was exactly as you'd expect he would be. He wouldn't come to the rehearsal... he didn't want to take a picture with me; usually all the talent is dying to take a picture with me and Michelle before the show, but he didn't show up for that."
"He finishes the song ('The Times They Are A-Changin' '), steps off the stage... comes up, shakes my hand, sort of tips his head, gives me just a little grin, and then leaves. And that was it. I thought, That's how you want Bob Dyan, right? You don't want him to be all cheesin' and grinnin' with you. You want him to be a little skeptical about the whole enterprise. So that was a real treat."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic