U.S. President Obama on Meeting Bob Dylan: It Was a Real Treat
U.S. President Barack Obama was left stunned when he came face to face with Bob Dylan at the White House and can now understand how some people feel when they meet him for the first time. Unlike many stars, Dylan had little interest in meeting Obama when he was invited to perform at the White House as part of a celebration of civil rights music and the President only briefly met up with the folk-rock icon after his short set.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "He was exactly as you'd expect he would be. He wouldn't come to the rehearsal... he didn't want to take a picture with me; usually all the talent is dying to take a picture with me and Michelle before the show, but he didn't show up for that."
"He finishes the song ('The Times They Are A-Changin' '), steps off the stage... comes up, shakes my hand, sort of tips his head, gives me just a little grin, and then leaves. And that was it. I thought, That's how you want Bob Dyan, right? You don't want him to be all cheesin' and grinnin' with you. You want him to be a little skeptical about the whole enterprise. So that was a real treat."
More Bob Dylan News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says