Natalie Imbruglia Set to Replace Boyzone's Keith Duffy for Stephen Gately's Tribute
Boyzone are inviting a girl into their group - Natalie Imbruglia will replace bandmember Keith Duffy for a performance in honor of the late Stephen Gately in Australia next weekend, October 9. The 33 year old was found dead in October 2009 at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
And to mark the first anniversary of his passing, the remaining members of Boyzone will perform on the Australian version of talent show "The X Factor", on which frontman Ronan Keating is a judge. But because Duffy is unable to make the show due to filming commitments in the U.K., Keating has asked his fellow judge Imbruglia to perform.
Duffy tells Britain's News of the World, "It is going to be hard not going and I will miss the rest of the boys. I'll be pretty sad on the anniversary. I've had text messages and phone calls from the lads who are asking if I am going to be all right on my own. I'm just going to have to deal with it. (But) I always fancied (Imbruglia) from (soap opera) 'Neighbors' so it's nice to know she has taken my place."
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date