Natalie Imbruglia Set to Replace Boyzone's Keith Duffy for Stephen Gately's Tribute
Boyzone are inviting a girl into their group - Natalie Imbruglia will replace bandmember Keith Duffy for a performance in honor of the late Stephen Gately in Australia next weekend, October 9. The 33 year old was found dead in October 2009 at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
And to mark the first anniversary of his passing, the remaining members of Boyzone will perform on the Australian version of talent show "The X Factor", on which frontman Ronan Keating is a judge. But because Duffy is unable to make the show due to filming commitments in the U.K., Keating has asked his fellow judge Imbruglia to perform.
Duffy tells Britain's News of the World, "It is going to be hard not going and I will miss the rest of the boys. I'll be pretty sad on the anniversary. I've had text messages and phone calls from the lads who are asking if I am going to be all right on my own. I'm just going to have to deal with it. (But) I always fancied (Imbruglia) from (soap opera) 'Neighbors' so it's nice to know she has taken my place."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival