Natalie Imbruglia Set to Replace Boyzone's Keith Duffy for Stephen Gately's Tribute
Boyzone are inviting a girl into their group - Natalie Imbruglia will replace bandmember Keith Duffy for a performance in honor of the late Stephen Gately in Australia next weekend, October 9. The 33 year old was found dead in October 2009 at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
And to mark the first anniversary of his passing, the remaining members of Boyzone will perform on the Australian version of talent show "The X Factor", on which frontman Ronan Keating is a judge. But because Duffy is unable to make the show due to filming commitments in the U.K., Keating has asked his fellow judge Imbruglia to perform.
Duffy tells Britain's News of the World, "It is going to be hard not going and I will miss the rest of the boys. I'll be pretty sad on the anniversary. I've had text messages and phone calls from the lads who are asking if I am going to be all right on my own. I'm just going to have to deal with it. (But) I always fancied (Imbruglia) from (soap opera) 'Neighbors' so it's nice to know she has taken my place."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle