Paralyzed 'Harry Potter' Double Insists on Attending Premiere
The stuntman who was paralyzed during the filming of the latest "Harry Potter" movie is determined to put his health problems behind him to attend the picture's premiere in November. Daniel Radcliffe's stunt double David Holmes was hospitalized last year with a serious back injury after falling from a harness at Leavesden Studios in Hertfordshire, England, where he was practicing flying scenes for the two-part "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".
He was devastated when medics told him he would probably never walk again and the franchise's cast threw a celebrity auction to raise funds to cover his expensive medical bills. But despite his condition, Holmes regularly returned to the set and is positive he will be able to appear at the red carpet event when "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" launches later this year.
Producer David Heyman tells Britain's Total Film magazine, "He was trying out a form of wire pull which we've done hundreds of times before and it went wrong. It's terrible on many fronts, but David is amazing - he remains, in spite of his situation, so positive and determined. And he may find his way back into the industry in some form. He loves Harry Potter, he still visits the sets and he wants to come to the premiere. He'll be part of our family forever."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation