Paralyzed 'Harry Potter' Double Insists on Attending Premiere
The stuntman who was paralyzed during the filming of the latest "Harry Potter" movie is determined to put his health problems behind him to attend the picture's premiere in November. Daniel Radcliffe's stunt double David Holmes was hospitalized last year with a serious back injury after falling from a harness at Leavesden Studios in Hertfordshire, England, where he was practicing flying scenes for the two-part "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".
He was devastated when medics told him he would probably never walk again and the franchise's cast threw a celebrity auction to raise funds to cover his expensive medical bills. But despite his condition, Holmes regularly returned to the set and is positive he will be able to appear at the red carpet event when "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" launches later this year.
Producer David Heyman tells Britain's Total Film magazine, "He was trying out a form of wire pull which we've done hundreds of times before and it went wrong. It's terrible on many fronts, but David is amazing - he remains, in spite of his situation, so positive and determined. And he may find his way back into the industry in some form. He loves Harry Potter, he still visits the sets and he wants to come to the premiere. He'll be part of our family forever."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour