Shia LaBeouf's Acting Job Brings Back His Dad
Shia LaBeouf has credited his fame with maintaining his relationship with his dad - the actor insists without his glamorous career he "would have no father". The "Transformers" actor was determined to succeed as a movie star so his dad Jeffrey would be able to stop selling cannabis to fund the family.
And LaBeouf is thankful he broke into the industry as a youngster, because having his father on-set of TV show "Even Stevens" helped rebuild the pair's relationship. He tells Britain's The Sun, "My father was never around because he was selling drugs to keep us alive. And my mother was never around because she was selling brochures in the park to keep us alive."
"They never had time for each other, and they fell out. It ruined my life for a long time. I am not the first one to go through it, but I blamed myself for it. I rented my dad back into my life. This business (acting) gave me my father. Money gave me my father. If I had no money and no way to supplement my father's income so he could survive, I would have no father."
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her