Mel Gibson Offered Oksana Grigorieva $1 Million to Turn Over Rant Tape
Mel Gibson reportedly signed a contract with his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva offering her a massive $1 million to turn over his now infamous taped rants. The couple split in April and the break-up turned nasty when the Russian singer accused her former partner of beating her during a violent argument in January. Taped arguments between the pair subsequently surfaced online and the lurid content hit headlines across the world.
Grigorieva's lawyers have denied she was behind the leak and Gibson's legal team lodged an official complaint with police, accusing her of trying to bribe the star for a big cash payout in exchange for the audio footage. Now a document obtained by TMZ.com, purportedly signed by Gibson and Grigorieva in May, appears to show the "Lethal Weapon" star offered the singer $1 million to turn over "all evidence" and "represent and warrant that all evidence has been turned over and all evidence will be destroyed in a manner agreed upon by both parties."
The website reports the "evidence" in question is defined in a related document as "recordings, audio tapes, emails, text messages, videotapes and photographs... of Gibson." The document also cites a "50-50" custody share of the former couple's daughter, Lucia, and details a financial plan for the youngster's future, as well as payments for Grigorieva.
Both parties reportedly agreed to the terms of the settlement, but Grigorieva is said to have later backed out when she was presented with a more detailed document.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala