Lyfe Jennings Jailed, Saying Goodbye to Fans on Twitter
R&B star Lyfe Jennings has been jailed for three and a half years over a violent altercation with his former girlfriend which ended in a high-speed car chase with police. The singer was due to perform a concert in Seattle, Washington on Tuesday, September 21 but the show was abruptly canceled after Jennings was convicted by a court in Atlanta, Georgia of a string of charges relating to the 2008 incident and sentenced to prison on Wednesday, September 22.
The 37 year old - real name Chester Jennings - was accused of breaking down the door of a house in Smyrna, Georgia belonging to the mother of his children, Joy Pound, and firing a gun outside. He was later pursued by cops as he fled the scene in his sports car and the high-speed chase ended when he crashed the vehicle into a tree. He was charged with misdemeanors of criminal trespass, discharging a firearm near a public highway and refusal to take a DUI test, as well as two felony counts of attempting to elude a police officer and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The singer, who previously spent 10 years in jail on a felony arson charge, took to his Twitter.com page on Wednesday to say goodbye to fans shortly before he began his sentence. He wrote, "This will be my last post. To everyone who gave me a chance I am forever in your debt. I have had a fabulous career because of you. I've lived a hundred lives in these 6 years so I not only won't, I don't have the right to complain. I would like to think that I've changed lives by changing my own, though I can't be sure. But one thing I am sure of is God gives and takes away in measure. He is fair, just and forever."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift