Katy Perry's First Token of Love to Russell Brand Revealed
Russell Brand has a unique memento from the night he fell in love with Katy Perry - the singer handed over her Alexander McQueen bracelet to remind the funnyman of her. The British comic sealed their relationship with a New Year's Eve proposal in India after a whirlwind romance, which began at last year's MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs).
In his upcoming autobiography, "Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal", Brand reveals the "I Kissed A Girl" hitmaker gifted him with her special McQueen bangle at a rehearsal for the music ceremony after he complimented her on the "nice" trinket.
Recalling the incident, he writes, "(She replied) 'You think so? Thanks.' It is an Alexander McQueen bangle, a simple hoop with two skulls facing each other at the ends. Wordlessly she smiles, removes it and places it on my wrist, gently handcuffing me."
And the comment sparked an exchange which would cement their relationship. Brand remembers how he attempted to remove the bracelet from his wrist to hand it back to the sexy singer: "But she interrupts. 'It's okay. Keep it. To remind you of me.'..."
"I look at her and it makes me feel still. Then, looking into her eyes, quietly I say: 'I don't need anything to remind me of you.' That is how I fell in love. Throughout (the VMAs) I carried the bracelet in my pocket. Even though she was there."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves