Katy Perry's First Token of Love to Russell Brand Revealed
Russell Brand has a unique memento from the night he fell in love with Katy Perry - the singer handed over her Alexander McQueen bracelet to remind the funnyman of her. The British comic sealed their relationship with a New Year's Eve proposal in India after a whirlwind romance, which began at last year's MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs).
In his upcoming autobiography, "Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal", Brand reveals the "I Kissed A Girl" hitmaker gifted him with her special McQueen bangle at a rehearsal for the music ceremony after he complimented her on the "nice" trinket.
Recalling the incident, he writes, "(She replied) 'You think so? Thanks.' It is an Alexander McQueen bangle, a simple hoop with two skulls facing each other at the ends. Wordlessly she smiles, removes it and places it on my wrist, gently handcuffing me."
And the comment sparked an exchange which would cement their relationship. Brand remembers how he attempted to remove the bracelet from his wrist to hand it back to the sexy singer: "But she interrupts. 'It's okay. Keep it. To remind you of me.'..."
"I look at her and it makes me feel still. Then, looking into her eyes, quietly I say: 'I don't need anything to remind me of you.' That is how I fell in love. Throughout (the VMAs) I carried the bracelet in my pocket. Even though she was there."
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini
- Lea Michele and Ashley Tisdale Team Up for Breathtaking Cover of 'Dancing on My Own'
- Pauly D Splits From Aubrey O'Day After a Year and a Half of Dating
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Eyeing 'X-Men' Star Nicholas Hoult for Lead Role
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Hide Behind Umbrella While Heading to the Gym
- 'America's Got Talent': Tennessee Singer Gets DJ Khaled's Golden Buzzer for His Original Song
- Ciara Gets Slammed After Taking Her Baby on 'Dangerous' Waterslide in China