Stars Turned Up to Pay Alexander McQueen a Final Respect
Stars including Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell turned out to pay tribute to late British designer Alexander McQueen at a memorial service in London on Monday, September 20. The stylish stars took a break from the city's ongoing fashion week to attend a service at the famous St Paul's Cathedral in honor of the tragic style guru, who committed suicide in February.
Others paying their respects at the private ceremony, titled A Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Lee Alexander McQueen, included Sir Paul McCartney's fashion designer daughter Stella McCartney, U.S. Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who spoke at the service, and Icelandic singer Bjork, who sang an emotional rendition of Billie Holiday's "Gloomy Sunday".
Parker, who was seen wiping away tears during the service, told reporters afterwards, "(He was) one of a kind... The service was bitter-sweet - perfect."
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes