The Script Beat Linkin Park at British Album Chart
Pop rockers The Script have fought off tough competition from Linkin Park, Robert Plant and Phil Collins to top the U.K. album chart. The Irish band's second studio release, "Science & Faith", debuted at number one on Sunday, September 19, leaving "A Thousand Suns" from Linkin Park to enter at number two.
Plant's latest offering, "Band of Joy", was at three, while Collins was at four with "Going Back". Brandon Flowers dropped from the top spot to five with his first solo album, "Flamingo".
In Britain's singles chart, Alexandra Burke retained the top spot for a second week with her collaboration with Laza Morgan, "Start Without You". "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz climbed a place to two, while Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" dropped one place to three.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos