The Script Beat Linkin Park at British Album Chart
Pop rockers The Script have fought off tough competition from Linkin Park, Robert Plant and Phil Collins to top the U.K. album chart. The Irish band's second studio release, "Science & Faith", debuted at number one on Sunday, September 19, leaving "A Thousand Suns" from Linkin Park to enter at number two.
Plant's latest offering, "Band of Joy", was at three, while Collins was at four with "Going Back". Brandon Flowers dropped from the top spot to five with his first solo album, "Flamingo".
In Britain's singles chart, Alexandra Burke retained the top spot for a second week with her collaboration with Laza Morgan, "Start Without You". "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz climbed a place to two, while Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" dropped one place to three.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle