Dannii Minogue Says Sharon Osbourne Reduced Her to Tears Before 'X Factor' Debut
Sharon Osbourne reduced Dannii Minogue to tears moments before the Australian singer's debut appearance on a British reality show after reportedly shouting at her backstage. Minogue was drafted in to join the judging panel on Simon Cowell" 's "The X Factor" in 2007, but tabloid reports soon emerged of tension behind the scenes with fellow judge Osbourne.
The rock matriarch confronted Minogue about the rumors minutes before the stars were due onstage for the first live show of the series, accusing her of fueling the claims. In Minogue's new autobiography "Dannii: My Story", she writes, "About 30 minutes before the live broadcast, there was (an) urgent knock on my dressing room door, and in bowled Sharon - still in her dressing gown - with her assistant tagging along behind her."
"Sharon demanded to know why I hadn't gone to the press to tell them what a nice person she was. 'All this b**locks in the press is ruining my life,' she snapped. 'You could be telling them that I'm a nice person but instead you're adding fuel to the fire by saying nothing'."
" 'Sharon, I have never said anything bad about you, and I wouldn't say anything bad about you,' I told her. But she didn't seem interested in what I had to say." Osbourne then reportedly lashed back, " 'Oh, don't play the innocent. 'Cos if you wanna play games, Missy, I'll play... Don't you worry, I'll play!' "
Minogue was left in tears after Osbourne's rant and had to quickly calm herself down before the live TV taping: "The minute she left, I burst into tears. I'd managed to hold it together while Sharon had been there, but once she'd gone I couldn't hold it in, and I wept into my hands."
"I wasn't crying because I thought there was any truth to what she'd said - I was crying because someone I had previously looked up to had bawled in my face and ruined my big night." The book is due for release on September 30.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App