Dannii Minogue Says Sharon Osbourne Reduced Her to Tears Before 'X Factor' Debut
Sharon Osbourne reduced Dannii Minogue to tears moments before the Australian singer's debut appearance on a British reality show after reportedly shouting at her backstage. Minogue was drafted in to join the judging panel on Simon Cowell" 's "The X Factor" in 2007, but tabloid reports soon emerged of tension behind the scenes with fellow judge Osbourne.
The rock matriarch confronted Minogue about the rumors minutes before the stars were due onstage for the first live show of the series, accusing her of fueling the claims. In Minogue's new autobiography "Dannii: My Story", she writes, "About 30 minutes before the live broadcast, there was (an) urgent knock on my dressing room door, and in bowled Sharon - still in her dressing gown - with her assistant tagging along behind her."
"Sharon demanded to know why I hadn't gone to the press to tell them what a nice person she was. 'All this b**locks in the press is ruining my life,' she snapped. 'You could be telling them that I'm a nice person but instead you're adding fuel to the fire by saying nothing'."
" 'Sharon, I have never said anything bad about you, and I wouldn't say anything bad about you,' I told her. But she didn't seem interested in what I had to say." Osbourne then reportedly lashed back, " 'Oh, don't play the innocent. 'Cos if you wanna play games, Missy, I'll play... Don't you worry, I'll play!' "
Minogue was left in tears after Osbourne's rant and had to quickly calm herself down before the live TV taping: "The minute she left, I burst into tears. I'd managed to hold it together while Sharon had been there, but once she'd gone I couldn't hold it in, and I wept into my hands."
"I wasn't crying because I thought there was any truth to what she'd said - I was crying because someone I had previously looked up to had bawled in my face and ruined my big night." The book is due for release on September 30.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna