Dannii Minogue Says Sharon Osbourne Reduced Her to Tears Before 'X Factor' Debut
Sharon Osbourne reduced Dannii Minogue to tears moments before the Australian singer's debut appearance on a British reality show after reportedly shouting at her backstage. Minogue was drafted in to join the judging panel on Simon Cowell" 's "The X Factor" in 2007, but tabloid reports soon emerged of tension behind the scenes with fellow judge Osbourne.
The rock matriarch confronted Minogue about the rumors minutes before the stars were due onstage for the first live show of the series, accusing her of fueling the claims. In Minogue's new autobiography "Dannii: My Story", she writes, "About 30 minutes before the live broadcast, there was (an) urgent knock on my dressing room door, and in bowled Sharon - still in her dressing gown - with her assistant tagging along behind her."
"Sharon demanded to know why I hadn't gone to the press to tell them what a nice person she was. 'All this b**locks in the press is ruining my life,' she snapped. 'You could be telling them that I'm a nice person but instead you're adding fuel to the fire by saying nothing'."
" 'Sharon, I have never said anything bad about you, and I wouldn't say anything bad about you,' I told her. But she didn't seem interested in what I had to say." Osbourne then reportedly lashed back, " 'Oh, don't play the innocent. 'Cos if you wanna play games, Missy, I'll play... Don't you worry, I'll play!' "
Minogue was left in tears after Osbourne's rant and had to quickly calm herself down before the live TV taping: "The minute she left, I burst into tears. I'd managed to hold it together while Sharon had been there, but once she'd gone I couldn't hold it in, and I wept into my hands."
"I wasn't crying because I thought there was any truth to what she'd said - I was crying because someone I had previously looked up to had bawled in my face and ruined my big night." The book is due for release on September 30.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective