John Lennon's Murderer Planned to Kill Elizabeth Taylor and Johnny Carson
John Lennon's killer had Dame Elizabeth Taylor and beloved U.S. TV host Johnny Carson in his sights before deciding it would be easier to murder former The Beatles star instead. Mark David Chapman, who shot Lennon outside his New York home in 1980, made the revelations during a hearing with a parole board earlier this month.
Chapman was sentenced to 20-years-to-life behind bars but has been eligible for parole since 2000. He was denied his freedom for the sixth time on September 7 at a hearing, during which the 55 year old revealed Lennon wasn't his only target.
He said, "I had a list of people and he was at the top of the list, and he seemed more accessible to me..." He explained, "It wasn't about them, necessarily, it was just about me. It was all about me at the time... If it wasn't Lennon, it could have been someone else."
Chapman wanted to become famous for shooting a big star but his plan backfired - and he regrets the "horrible decision" because it only made him a murderer, according to the legal documents which were released on Thursday, September 16.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked