Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland Recording Christmas Album
Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland has joined the Christmas list - he's recording an album of traditional festive tunes. The rocker admits he was inspired to record an album of tinsel tunes after his version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was warmly received by fans and critics in 2009 - and now that track and others, including a reggae version of "Little Drummer Boy", will appear on a new record.
He says, "It'll be very traditional - strings, upright bass, jazz horns, piano, and guitar. I'm sort of picking various versions of these songs... my favorite versions, with a little twist."
Another singer who has also announced Christmas record plan was Mariah Carey. The album, which will be the follow-up of her 1994's "Merry Christmas", is set to hit U.S. shelves in early November.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4