Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland Recording Christmas Album
Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland has joined the Christmas list - he's recording an album of traditional festive tunes. The rocker admits he was inspired to record an album of tinsel tunes after his version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was warmly received by fans and critics in 2009 - and now that track and others, including a reggae version of "Little Drummer Boy", will appear on a new record.
He says, "It'll be very traditional - strings, upright bass, jazz horns, piano, and guitar. I'm sort of picking various versions of these songs... my favorite versions, with a little twist."
Another singer who has also announced Christmas record plan was Mariah Carey. The album, which will be the follow-up of her 1994's "Merry Christmas", is set to hit U.S. shelves in early November.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture