Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland Recording Christmas Album
Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland has joined the Christmas list - he's recording an album of traditional festive tunes. The rocker admits he was inspired to record an album of tinsel tunes after his version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was warmly received by fans and critics in 2009 - and now that track and others, including a reggae version of "Little Drummer Boy", will appear on a new record.
He says, "It'll be very traditional - strings, upright bass, jazz horns, piano, and guitar. I'm sort of picking various versions of these songs... my favorite versions, with a little twist."
Another singer who has also announced Christmas record plan was Mariah Carey. The album, which will be the follow-up of her 1994's "Merry Christmas", is set to hit U.S. shelves in early November.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie