Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland Recording Christmas Album
Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland has joined the Christmas list - he's recording an album of traditional festive tunes. The rocker admits he was inspired to record an album of tinsel tunes after his version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" was warmly received by fans and critics in 2009 - and now that track and others, including a reggae version of "Little Drummer Boy", will appear on a new record.
He says, "It'll be very traditional - strings, upright bass, jazz horns, piano, and guitar. I'm sort of picking various versions of these songs... my favorite versions, with a little twist."
Another singer who has also announced Christmas record plan was Mariah Carey. The album, which will be the follow-up of her 1994's "Merry Christmas", is set to hit U.S. shelves in early November.
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert