Lindsay Lohan's Alcohol and Drug Woes Inspire Dad to Open Rehab Clinic
Michael Lohan is determined to see some good come from his daughter Lindsay Lohan's personal problems - she's inspired him to open a rehabilitation center. The "Mean Girls" actress completed a court-ordered stint in rehab last month after she was jailed for 90 days in July for violating her probation over a 2007 DUI arrest.
Her father has frequently spoken out about his daughter's troubles, insisting receiving professional help is the only way to beat her demons. Now he wants to help others in a similar situation - by launching a rehab clinic specializing in "spiritual" healing rather than medical treatment.
He tells UsMagazine.com, "After seeing what my daughter, myself and other people I know have been through, it has led me to realize this is my calling and purpose in life... We are rehab that focuses on mind, body and soul. It is a spiritual retreat... The basis of the rehab will be that there is a God; that good conquers evil; that the best way to live is to treat others like you want to be treated; and treat your body like a temple... We've got the team in place, and the financing is all there."
And Lohan is adamant the retreat will not be solely for the use of celebrities: "I'm not going to close my doors on anyone. We may offer a scholarship. You don't have to be Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Richie or Robert Downey Jr. or a celebrity to get rehab... All of the things that have happened to me in my life have led to this. I know this is what God wants me to do first and foremost."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen