Cancer-Stricken Michael Douglas to Participate in Stand Up 2 Cancer Telethon
Brave movie star Michael Douglas is to participate in next week's, September 10, Stand Up 2 Cancer telethon as he continues to fight the disease. The actor revealed he has been diagnosed with stage four throat cancer during an appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman" on Tuesday night, August 31, and he is currently undergoing painful and energy-sapping chemotherapy and radiation.
But he plans to follow late star Patrick Swayze's 2008 example and show the public what a cancer fighter looks like on the show, which will air live on multiple channels across America at the end of next week. He'll join big names like George Clooney, Will Smith, Gwyneth Paltrow, Denzel Washington and Renee Zellweger when the telethon airs.
Queen Latifah, Stevie Wonder, Lady Antebellum and Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong are among those billed to perform during the television event. The last Stand Up 2 Cancer in 2008 event helped raise more than $100 million for cancer research charities.
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump