Axl Rose Wants Reading Boss to Apologize for Cutting Time
Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rosehas demanded an apology from the organizer of Britain's Reading festival following a bust-up over the band's set on Friday, August 27. The rockers were left fuming after bosses pulled the plug early during their headlining slot at the annual event, forcing them to perform acoustically and overrun their finish time.
Guitarist DJ Ashba went public with claims that the festival's director, Melvin Benn, has long held a "grudge" against the band and branded him "cocky" and "money-grubbing" following the incident. And now Rose has taken to his blog on Twitter.com to air his own grievances over the troubled set - and has urged Benn to apologize to festivalgoers over Friday's "nonsense".
In a post on the microblogging website, he writes, "In regard to Reading we feel at the very least the fans deserve an apology from those responsible for the nonsense. We'd also like to thank the fans for being so great, singing along n' not tearing the place apart!!"
The band is scheduled to play at the twinned Leeds festival on Sunday night although Rose said on Friday, "Unfortunately due to tonight we will not be at Leeds, although we will try and play a bit more now."
More Guns N' Roses News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!