Axl Rose Wants Reading Boss to Apologize for Cutting Time
Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rosehas demanded an apology from the organizer of Britain's Reading festival following a bust-up over the band's set on Friday, August 27. The rockers were left fuming after bosses pulled the plug early during their headlining slot at the annual event, forcing them to perform acoustically and overrun their finish time.
Guitarist DJ Ashba went public with claims that the festival's director, Melvin Benn, has long held a "grudge" against the band and branded him "cocky" and "money-grubbing" following the incident. And now Rose has taken to his blog on Twitter.com to air his own grievances over the troubled set - and has urged Benn to apologize to festivalgoers over Friday's "nonsense".
In a post on the microblogging website, he writes, "In regard to Reading we feel at the very least the fans deserve an apology from those responsible for the nonsense. We'd also like to thank the fans for being so great, singing along n' not tearing the place apart!!"
The band is scheduled to play at the twinned Leeds festival on Sunday night although Rose said on Friday, "Unfortunately due to tonight we will not be at Leeds, although we will try and play a bit more now."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences