Axl Rose Wants Reading Boss to Apologize for Cutting Time
Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rosehas demanded an apology from the organizer of Britain's Reading festival following a bust-up over the band's set on Friday, August 27. The rockers were left fuming after bosses pulled the plug early during their headlining slot at the annual event, forcing them to perform acoustically and overrun their finish time.
Guitarist DJ Ashba went public with claims that the festival's director, Melvin Benn, has long held a "grudge" against the band and branded him "cocky" and "money-grubbing" following the incident. And now Rose has taken to his blog on Twitter.com to air his own grievances over the troubled set - and has urged Benn to apologize to festivalgoers over Friday's "nonsense".
In a post on the microblogging website, he writes, "In regard to Reading we feel at the very least the fans deserve an apology from those responsible for the nonsense. We'd also like to thank the fans for being so great, singing along n' not tearing the place apart!!"
The band is scheduled to play at the twinned Leeds festival on Sunday night although Rose said on Friday, "Unfortunately due to tonight we will not be at Leeds, although we will try and play a bit more now."
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her